Aiden Swan

• Dedicated to Hellion Luna

Chapter Two: Aiden Swan

Colin stood next to me as I looked at this camera through the display window."Buying a new camera?" He questioned.

"I broke my other one in study hall."

"Why?"

"The flash wasn't working, so I tried fixing it and it broke even more so anger built up and I broke it."

"Haha, now you have no camera." I  ignored him and walked into the store. A man in his early twenties smiles at us. His nametag says 'Danny'

"You boys look like you need some help. How can I help you?" He asked, with the most gentle smile.

I liked that he was friendly. He had braces and long brown hair that lies in his face. "I was actually looking at that camera in the window. How much is it?" Danny looks at the window and then smiles.

"You have great taste sir. It's about five hundred." I pull out my credit card.

"You can wrap that for me." I said. Danny smiles and heads over to the display window.

Colin glares at Danny. "What's wrong with you?" I questioned.

"Danny smiling and flirting with you. Like, what the hell? I'm standing right here." I start laughing.

"A tad jealous, aren't you?"

"No, he could be more kinder. I mean, you are taken." I roll my eyes as Danny comes back with my camera, wrapped and bagged.

"All done," He said. I hand him my credit card and with one swipe Colin and I are out the door. I'm already trying to get the camera out the box.

"So, what are you doing now?" Colin asked.

"Pictures." I announced as I checked to put a SIM card in the slot. "Stand by me, let's smile." Colin smiled and slipping an arm around me he kissed my forehead. I snapped the photo and smiled. "Let's go."

"Go where?"

"To see Riley."

"Why?"

"Cause," Colin groaned. "She seemed upset about the whole Ethan thing." I looked down. "Just want to make sure she's alright."

Meanwhile....

Riley and Max sat at the park with Callum and Oliver. They were shooting fireworks. Oliver sat close to Riley. Max was wearing a nice tank top with brown khakis and red low tops. He moved his brown hair to the side and shot a firework in the sky. Callum with his brown hair smiled and poked Max. "Look, look. They are talking." He whispered. Riley glanced over at him.

"What's your point?" She asked. Oliver turned a bright red. Riley shook her head. Oliver was pretty cute. He had blonde hair and blue eyes. Just like Zayn. He has great skin complextion too. His smile was perfect and his face went to the most beautiful shade of red when he blushed. She just smiled.

"Why don't you never talk to me in gym class?" Callum asked as he shot off a firework.

"I don't talk to anyone in gym class." She said. Max rolled his eyes.

"Yeah, she doesn't talk to anyone besides Aiden." He teased. Riley blushed.

"I- he means a lot to me." Callum smiles.

"Are you guys dating?" Oliver asked, his face still light red.

"No, Aiden has a boyfriend." She whispered. Oliver smiled a little bit and Callum shot up another firework.

"I keep telling her that she should, ya know? Go out with other people." Max said. Riley ignored him.

"You don't understand." Max shot a firework up and came and sat by her.

"You think I like seeing you cry over a douchebag? I don't care who he is.You shouldn't be crying over him." Riley started to open her mouth but he shook his head. "Let him go," He said, his brown eyes burning into hers. She sighed. Max with his golden brown hair and nie brown eyes. Even his small smirk was enough to make her feel better. Oliver grabbed her hand and started dancing her around the park. Riley starts laughing.

"What are you doing to me?" She asked, blushing.

"Making you dance!" He shouted. He dipped her back and smiled at her. "Speaking of dancing, go on a date with me Ms. Cassandra." Max and Callum watch as Riley lies in Oliver's arms, looking at him. She didn't say anything.

"Riley," Max groaned.

"What are you going to say?" Callum asked. Oliver smiled and Riley groans.

"Okay, one date. Now, lift me up. The blood is rushing to my fucking head." Max and Callum high five.

"Yes!" Callum shouts. Oliver lifts her back up and hugs her around the waist. Riley smiles and hugs him around his neck. Then she lets go.

"More fireworks boys!" Oliver shouts.

Back To Aiden and Colin....

"Okay, explain to me again, what the difference is between Taco Bell and Chiplote?" Colin said as he and I held hands to Riley's house.

"Taco Bell doesn't bring the spicy shit like Chiplote does." I said.

"Taco Bell dosn't make you sick either." Colin said. I can't help but chuckle at this comment. Riley's house is just right for her. It's small and put away. Most like herself. I walk on the porch and ring the doorbell. Her mother answers the door. Colin waves. Her eyes look at me.

"Hello Aiden, Riley isn't here. She's out with Max." I look at the ground.

"Oh. I wanted to make sure she's okay." Mrs. Cassandra smiles and pets my head.

"I'll be sure to tell her that you stopped by." She said. Colin starts laughing as she closes the door.

"She was petting you like a kitten. I mean, what the hell? Does she always do that to you?" Aiden ignored him.

"Let's go." He muttered.

Aiden pokes at his mashed potatoes as his mother tries telling him about her day. "What's wrong with you? You look more down than yestarday."

"Just that Riley is hanging out with someone who doesn't like me."

"Does she know that?"

"Yes." She puts her fork down. "That's not the point though." I get up and head upstairs. My mother sits there. She listens as the bathroom door shuts. She knows what I am doing but she's not going to stop me. Sometimes, that bothers me. I sink to the floor and grabs the little razor from behind the toilet. I roll my sleeve up and without thinking or hesitation I slash away at my flesh. It feels good. I don't cry.

Hi everyone. My name is Aiden Nicholas Swan. I know you probably think I have mental issues or something of that sort. I'm normal, just like you.I just love the sight of my own blood and ugly scars on my wrists. My mom has tried to help. What can she do? Nothing.

I don't leave the bathroom. I even fall asleep there. I don't move till I hear her. "Aiden! Aiden!" She's shouting. I jump and hit my head on the wall.

"Riley, what are you doing here?" I asked.

"Open the door, now Aiden."

"Why, what did my mother tell you? To come and talk to me?" The door turns. I'm glad I locked it.

"Aiden, just open the door. I want to talk to you."