Chapter 4

"I'm getting really worried about her, mum. She's been gone for hours," Will sighed as he stared out the window of the B&B parlor.

Dusk had fallen, and still she had not returned. He had called her a dozen times, and so had his parents, but she didn't answer. He thought perhaps there wasn't any service, but that wouldn't account for her not showing up. 

"Perhaps she's lost?" Mary suggested.

"Not likely. She's better with directions than anyone I know. And she's been out there before, I'm sure she knows her way back," Will disagreed.

"I think we ought to go look for her. It's getting dark, and cold, and if something did happen, it's better to be safe than sorry," Peter said getting up from the chair he was sitting in.

They piled into the other car, and after asking for directions, set out for the stones. They kept their eyes peeled in case they passed her on the road, but so far there was no sign of her. 

Then they noticed her car, parked on the side of the road, with no one around. They climbed out of the car, and will raced over to hers. Finding no one inside, he turned around and began shouting her name.

"Grace! Grace where are you, love?"

No response. He tried again, but still she did not answer.

He noticed the stones up the hill, so he made his way over there as fast as he could. But she wasn't by the stones either. He searched and searched, but he couldn't find her. He called her name, but she didn't respond.

Then he saw something laying in the grass near the middle stone. Her purse. It looked as thrown it had been thrown, because some of her belongings had fallen out of the bag and were now strewn across the ground. Including the journal. But her camera was missing, nowhere to be found.

Just like her.

***********************************************************************

I want to give you all a heads up, I'm not really one for writing smut, so there won't really be anything like that in this book. But I hope you still enjoy it😊