Chapter 1 The first meeting

A/N

Hi Guys, this story just popped in my mind today. this is my first story (obviously. XD) i just made the first chapter today. hope you will like it guys.it has mistakes i swear. Here we go. :) sorry if it was short. i decided to type this by 10:00 pm and it was getting late. i'm already sleepy.

Summer.

UK's warmest season. Long sunny days with occasional Thunderstorms.

These are the days where families go on vacation, friends hang out at the beach and kids learn new hobbies.

But to Antonette campbell, it's different. She spends most of her time at home. Her family is not the wealthy type so her parents must work day and night in order to make ends meet.

Her mother is working as a nurse and her father is working as a construction worker in a remote area in Riggs moor UK.

On the other hand, she has a sibling studying overseas so it is another expense for her parents.

"I grew up independent. My parents mostly spend their time at work and i perfectly understand that. But sometimes i just wish i could turn back time and bring back the times when my family and I were happy and complete. Those times that we can still afford everything and not worry about losing our house,"

I was preparing dinner when i heard the door bell rang. I peeked on the small hole to see who it was. It was my bestfriend alice.

Alice is brunette. She has curly brown hair that falls below her shoulders, bright green eyes and tanned skin. She is chubby but she's tall that is why she looks stunning.

She became my bestfriend when my family and i transferred on this part of UK because she was my neighbour and we attended the same school since we were in first grade. I don't even remember living without her by my side.

I think you're all wondering what i look like. Well nothing special. I have blond straight hair, a not so toned body and bright blue eyes.

I smiled and opened the door.

"Tonie! I have news for you, me and my parents are going camping and they want you to come!" Alice said excitedly.

"Tonie" was my nickname. It comes from my name Antonette.

"That's exciting! I really want to come! But where?"  i asked

"It's on our lake house! The one i told you months ago that we bought and renovated! It's finished so we can spend a few days there before summer ends!"

"Hmm? It sounds fun but i don't know Alice. What if my parents look for me?" i said giving her a sad look.

"Tonie, stop stressing, my parents already called your parents and they both agreed. Just don't forget to lock the doors and you're good to go."

"Really?! Your parents did that for me?! Okay when are we leaving?!" I said excitedly

"Tonie chill! We're leaving first thing in the morning. I'll even call you incase you forget to set your alarm."

"Al, you're the best!" I hugged her while tears are falling from my eyes. "I really thought i'll spend the whole summer here at home. I'm really glad your parents even thought about taking me with you on your family trip," i pouted.

"Come on Tonie! We've been a family since first grade! You're my sister from another mother! So wipe your tears and stop pouting! I'll see you tommorow okay?!" Alice said while walking home waving

Nodding, i closed the door and smiled.

I decided to send my mom a message about our camping tommorow with alice's family.