Epilogue

A/n: Hello everybody! Today is February 11th, 2021. This is the last chapter!! This has been such an incredible journey and I've made some wonderful friends here. I WILL BE ANNOUNCING MY NEW STORIES AT THE END OF THIS CHAPTER!!

It's been two weeks. Two weeks since Y/n and Katniss went scavenging for food. Two weeks since they found the poisonous berries. Two weeks since Thresh and Cato died. Two weeks since Cato stabbed Y/n.

Two weeks since she died.

Now Rue and Katniss have been returned to their Districts and their families, although the talk every day and will soon have the Victors tour. Gale visits Katniss everyday as well. They rarely ever talk, just sit together in a comfortable but thick silence.

Prim was devastated. She lost a sister. Mom was still in shock. She lost a daughter. And Katniss? Katniss was numb. Katniss didn't know how to feel. She lost her lover.

The only times she would feel ok was at night, when Y/n visited her in her sleep. And every morning after, the braid would stay there, evidence that Katniss wasn't imagining it all. But last night was different. Last night Katniss told Y/n that this is their last night together because Y/n's funeral was tomorrow.

Y/n fingers jolt in Katniss's scalp and her mouth drops open just a little bit. She pulls herself back together and continues working through her thick hair. "That's great," she says.

"No, no it's not. What's wrong?" Katniss asks, sitting up and looking at Y/n, the braid falling out of her hair. Y/n sits there, slightly transparent, sitting criss-cross with her horrible posture, hands folded in her lap.

"I mean... I mean I'll miss you. With any luck, it'll be a few decades before I see you again, but I want to move on. I want you to move on," she says.

"But you don't. You want to stay. We don't have to bury you," Katniss says frantically.

Y/n places her hands on her girlfriend's shoulders. "What are you going to do, keep my body in your room? No. You have to bury it. You have to do this, Katniss. For us."

Katniss shudders. "Stay with me?"

"For tonight," Y/n says, pulling Katniss's arms around her, Katniss' breath fanning over her chest. Katniss can't help but notice what's different. Y/n's heart isn't beating against Katniss' head.

\--/

Katniss stares straight ahead, only focusing on the weight on her shoulders. Gale, her, Haymitch, Mom, and Cinna carry Y/n's coffin through the forest beyond their home, to their father's hunting shack. The hole was pre-dug by Gale last night. They set it down beside it, Katniss opening the lid.

Y/n looks so peaceful in there. Like she's caught in a good dream. Cinna and the stylists made her up. She's wearing the green dress she volunteered in, much to Katniss' distaste. Her h/c hair is smoothed over the pillow tucked under her head. The entire group, including Prim and Rue, stand in front of the coffin, a silent but universal feeling settling over them.

Katniss walks up to the coffin, sinking to her knees beside it. The slightly damped mud and leaves cup her knees as she places her head in her arms on the rim of the coffin, wailing loudly. Prim sobs quietly and Rue hugs her tightly. Cinna places his hands over his mouth as he cries and Haymitch places a hand on Mom's stoic shoulder.

Gale comes up behind her and sinks to his knees as well, hugging her from behind tightly. Katniss takes a deep, shuddering breath, wiping her face with her hands. Gale, Cinna, and Haymitch close the lid and lower the coffin into the grave.

Katniss grabs the shovel stuck in the pile of dirt and takes a little bit. Peering down at the coffin, she tosses the dirt in, the minerals ringing out against the wood. One by one, people toss dirt on Y/n's coffin, burying her in what she loved so much.

When everything is finished and the group goes to the house for tea and coffee, Katniss hangs behind, sitting by the clear pile. She looks around and finds a handful of rocks. With them, she spells out Y/n's first initial over the grave, marking it. 

"Y/n is with me," she whispers to herself, breathing in the rich air, the breeze ruffling her hair. "She's with me."

WAAAAAAAAAH ITS OVER NOW WAAAAHHH IM SO SAD I LOVE YOU ALL

anyways onto our regularly scheduled programing

It's All a Bit Risky||Tom Hiddleston x Reader

"Marvel casts 27 year old Y/n L/n to play 'Lady Loki' in the new television series 'Loki', which is part of the Phase 4 collection being released from Marvel. Why would they cast someone who no one knows about to play such a consequential role in 'Loki'? Read this article to find out." Y/n groans and throws her phone onto her bed, flopping down alongside it. She was just cast only a week ago, and people already know. Now on top of being intimidated by her co-stars and the franchise she's entering, she has the entire fandom mad at her. She will soon find things will only grow more complicated as she spends more and more time with her co-star, Tom Hiddleston. How will Y/n manage what she's been thrown into, and who she's been thrown into it with? Read "It's All a Bit Risky" to find out.

 How will Y/n manage what she's been thrown into, and who she's been thrown into it with? Read "It's All a Bit Risky" to find out

Pirate Princess||Captain Hook x Reader

A neglected princess. A sister destined to be queen, overturned by her stepmother. A thirst for true living. And a pirate that holds the key. As Princess Y/n of the Fourth Kingdom flees from her castle and her perfect sister turned queen, Snow White, she finds herself in a tavern. Hiding in the corner, she watches a leather-clad captain give cheers with his crew. They catch eyes and introduce themselves. Knowing her happiness will never be as it once was, Y/n makes an impulsive decision and joins the crew of Captain Killian "Hook" Jones. She's happy. Sailing the seas and...falling in love. But when the Evil Queen, Y/n's stepmother, finds her and casts a curse ripping everyone except the select corner of land that Y/n and Killian were on to a far-off land. Killian and his crew are in a tavern, unsuspecting, but as Y/n runs to him to deliver news, Regina kidnaps her and puts her under a sleeping curse, leaving her in her now-abandoned castle for eternity. So how she finds herself in Storybrooke is a question that remains to be unanswered. And Y/n finds herself in the middle of Killian and Emma's relationship. What is to become of the princess Killian thought dead?

 What is to become of the princess Killian thought dead?

I love you all so much. Thank you and I really hope I'll see you on another story!