Love And Fate

Love is the best thing that ever happens to us. Love is the best thing that could have happened  to me, if not for an inevitable circumstance called fate”
~Serene~

Serene Grace Addoo 

                                    Did it hurt?
It did. A whole lot, like an unending abyss of sorrow, the fact that one accident had taken the lives of my parents, my world. It hurt so much and I felt utterly empty without them alive.

Everything felt strange, it was as if they had been shielding me, and death ripped my shield away, exposing me to the harsh reality of life.

It was like being thrown to a whole strange yet familiar world, with no one to turn to.

Being the daughter of the richest man in the whole of west Africa and coming from a line of wealthy family came with a price.
It was after my father's death that I realized I had no one, no one to run to, no one to express how I felt to, no one I could rely on.

I was thrust into a life filled with pain and unfairness, were life had already been planned out for you and you had no say in it.
I was surrounded by the most horrible people to ever exist, they manipulated and took control of you, they had no care of what you felt, only seeking to impress one another, they were horrible people, she was horrible; my grandmother.

I had even wanted to kill myself, end this pain called life, because I had lost so much hope.
I felt I was going crazy and no one wanted to help.

Until he came, him, Ivan.

He held me in his arms and told me he'd stand by me.
It felt good, it felt heavenly, to have someone hold you and tell you sweet and comforting words.

He became my strength and my new shield, he loved me like my dad would and gave me a reason to live, he promised to never leave me, and vowed he'd never make me cry again.

For the first time in a long time, I felt so alive and happy. I felt I could tackle the world and all its harshness and unfairness.
I knew I had someone who'd be there always, my everything, my love.......

......but my grandmother changed it. She gave me two choices and it was difficult to choose between the two.