013

The next day had come just as quickly as Evan wanted it to end.

"So tell me how I should prepare myself for meeting the Buckley's ?" she questioned as she pulled down her baby blue body con dress down and threw on a grey cardigan.

"Don't call me Buck but you never do so that shouldn't matter" he chuckled as he pulled her closer to him. "Besides we could just stay here and have fun" he wiggled his eyebrows and looked at her up and down "because damn, you look amazing."

"Evan" she giggled as she slapped his chest. "Let's go before Maddie calls again" she spoke as she grabbed her purse off the couch and walked towards the door waiting for him to come with her.

He helped her in the car and drove over to Maddie and Chimney's place.

"You know in 2 weeks we'll have our own place" he smiled at her as he grabbed her hand

"I can't wait because the apartments are way too messy for me" she giggled.

"Oh I know, Ms. OCD"

"Stop it" she gave him puppy dog eyes as they entered Maddie's place.

"Aurora!"

"Chimney!"

"I feel like it's been so long wow" he hugged her

"It hasn't been that long Chim" she giggled

"Hi Maddie, Albert" she smiled and hugged the other two in the room.

"Nice to see you Auri" Maddie smiled as she took in the small girls body, she wished this baby would come so she didn't have this big belly.

"I got wine... Red, white, sparkling, in case you wanna do any celebratory toasts, and tequila. I'm not sure why we needed 2 bottles?"

"Those are more me" Chimney interrupted making Aurora giggle.

"You're wearing jeans. Well, I was told I was not allowed to wear jeans.

"You stop whining. Pre-heat the oven. 350." Evan spoke to him sternly.

"Whoa! We're baking stuff?" Maddie asked as she entered the kitchen again.

"I was going to make cookies or something but your brother insisted he make baked brie with fig jam." Auri shrugged.

"When did you start liking fig?" she asked

"He doesn't" Auri giggled.

There was a knock at the door making everyone turn to look at the door.

Evan tossed the block of cheese at Albert. He threw the cheese in the oven and stood in front of it like he was hiding something.

"And I think we're ready" Chimney clapped his hands together as Maddie went to open the door.

Evan let out a deep breath as Auri rubbed his back to try to help him calm down.

"Dad!"

"Maddie!"

"Mom! You guys did not have to bring presents."

Evan's body tensed up again as he saw his parents. Auri tried to rub his back again, she didn't like seeing him like this. He wasn't himself.

"We're grandparents now. Spoiling comes with the job." her dad smiled.

"Mr. and Mrs. Buckley, hi, I'm Howard Han. It's nice to finally meet you both" Chimney stuck his arms to grab the big gift from her mother.

"Hi, Howard" their mother spoke softly as she handed him the large gift she brought.

"Hey" Evan spoke softly to his parents

"Evan" his mother smiled at him

"You look good" his father told him

"Ah, so do you" he chuckled.

Aurora knew it was forced and he was 100% out of his element.

"This is my girlfriend Aurora" he introduced the small girl that was standing behind Maddie.

"Hi, nice to meet you Mr and Mrs. Buckley, I'm Aurora" she smiled softly

"Aurora? That's a nice name" his dad, Philip looked down at the small girl as she stuck her hand out to shake his.

"What do you do for a living?" his mom asked abruptly.

"Mom" Evan huffed.

"No, it's okay. I um, I was a firefighter for 4 ish years. That's how I met Evan actually. I was transferred here from New York. I was diagnosed with vasovagal syncope a couple of months ago so I decided to leave that job after getting a little hurt on the job so now I'm a police deputy" she smiled. "On desk duty currently but nevertheless a deputy" she giggled but his mother kept a straight face.

"Oh you were a firefighter?" she asked

"Um, yes ma'am." she spoke as she looked up at Evan.

"Oh uh this is my brother Albert" Chimney spoke

"Oh and uh Buck's roommate" he added.

Aurora mentally face palmed and prepared herself for the question.

"Buck, your still letting people call you that?" his mom questioned

"It's just a nickname, Mom" he tried to force a smile as the woman rolled her eyes

"And you two don't live together?" his dad asked.

"Um, we move into our place in two weeks Sir, he has been staying at my apartment majority of the time" she smiled at the old man. He seemed nicer, less judgmental than his mom.

"Oh, you guys don't like nicknames? But Maddie..."

"Is the name on my birth certificate" Maddie smiled as Albert offered everyone drinks and made his way to the table.

"We'll be right out, we put some cookies in the oven." Buck smiled as his family sat on the couch, he pulled Aurora into the kitchen with him.

"I'm sorry about them"

"They definitely don't need to know about this, at least not until like 2 days before I push it out" she motioned to her stomach making him laugh.

He let out a deep breath and walked out to the sofa with Aurora close behind.

Once his dad brought up Doug, that idea that he was less judgmental than his mom flew out the window.

"Excuse, me I'm going to the lady's room" she smiled as she excused herself.

She walked into the bathroom and combed through her loose curls and pulled her dress down. She took a seat on the edge of the tub and pulled out her phone and scrolled through instagram for a little. She turned to snapchat and scrolled through her photos and videos with Evan. She was here for him, to support him so she needed to get out this bathroom and go support him.

She walked into the kitchen and he wrapped his arms around her shoulder.

"Oh how I wish I could have a drink right now" she whispered to him as she giggled.

His eyes lit up and she knew she was doing her job. Supporting him and being there for him.

They all sat down for dinner finally. Aurora took a deep breath as Evan placed a hand on her thigh and squeeze it reassuringly. It was interesting to say the least.