007

After a couple of hours she woke up to the sound of the bell. As she jolted up she realized she was wrapped in Evan's arms.

He jumped up and began throwing his boots back on and getting ready to go on the call. He was about to run out but quickly spun around to look at the small girl now wrapped in a blanket where he once laid.

She pouted sadly which made his heart skip a couple of beats.

"I know it's sucks I really wish you were still out there with us, go home get some rest I'll call you when I get back. I love you princess" he leaned down leaving a passionate kiss on her lips before jogging off to get on the rig

"Be safe!" she yelled behind him as his body disappeared around the bend.

She rolled off the couch they once both laid and folded up the blanket to get ready to go back to her empty home.

Just as she pulled up to her apartment the real tiredness hit her and all she wanted to do was sleep so, she did.

She stirred in her sleep when she heard a noise coming from her door. She rolled over to looking at her alarm clock. 3:45 AM

"What the hell?" she thought out loud before sitting up to look at her door.

She sighed in relief when she saw who was causing the noise, Evan.

He quickly stripped his work clothes by the door throwing them in an empty trash bag, it's a system they came up with. Place your work clothes or any outside clothes in a trash bag and take it to the laundry room, throw out the bag, and put the clothes to wash as soon as you got there. It was for their safety.

He hadn't noticed she was awake so he continued as he usually did. He threw his clothes in the wash and balled up the bag placing it in the trash can they had placed in the laundry area for them. He was now in only boxers and socks. He walked over to the bathroom trying to be as quiet as possible as he placed his keys down on the table.

She silently giggled when she heard the water start and a silent yell from him come from the bathroom.

The hot water is the other way she thought to herself

"Other way Buck" she heard him speak to himself making her giggle.

She sat on the bed remembering the first night they had spent together, when she broke her ankle.

"Evan you don't get it! I can't be in this apartment anymore, I want to go to work! Can you just leave please?"

He sat down next to her placing his large hand on her small ones in her lap.

"You may think I don't but Aurora I've been in your shoes. I'm not leaving you...ever. You mean uh... you mean so much to me okay?" he spoke honestly leaning down so she would see his face.

"Evan I can't do this right now. I can't, the world is crumbling around me. I'm behind on bills, my anxiety is at an all time high, I feel so... I don't know I feel so lost" she spoke crying, she finally broke after trying to be strong for so long.

"Listen you are not lost, you are finding your way okay? As for the bills, I can help you we can work through this together okay? I'm here for you." he placed a finger under her chin so she would look at him.

They sat there staring at each other as she began leaning into him.

"Aurora." he spoke quickly