011

After Aurora was released from the hospital the two of them went back to her apartment.

He got her settled in bed as the doctor said, she was on a soft bed rest which meant she was aloud to be up and moving but she has to take it easy for her and the little person growing inside of her.

Just as she was about to lay down Evan got a phone call so he stepped out to the hallway to take the call, it seemed important.

As he came back in he seemed a little stressed.

"What's wrong babe?"

"That was Bobby, we have to go to Texas to help with a wild fire, it's only for a day or two" he spoke sitting down next to her.

"You have to go?"

Recently she had read about one of the EMTs getting hit with an explosion from the after math and he died. He died and her person was going out there to risk himself to help them.

"Yeah babe, I have to but I promise I will take care of myself. I will be back to you and to that baby you have growing inside of you. I promise you Aurora" he spoke honestly.

He had already decided he was going to do everything in his power to come home in one piece, safely to be back in LA to protect his family.

"I need to take these contacts out" she spoke as she let out a breath she was holding, scared wasn't the word, nervous wasn't the feeling. She felt as if her whole world was going out to risk his life to save others.

"contacts?" he spoke looking at her

"Yeah, so I can see?"

"We've known each other, we've slept together for how long and I didn't know you wore contacts?!"

"Well for the most part I didn't wear them while I was at the 118, they could've melted in my eye so I was partially blind. That's probably why I ended up with you" she joked

"Oh haha, you're so funny babe"

"I'm kidding but yeah I started wearing them again because I was getting bad headaches again like I used to" she shrugged as she grabbed her glasses out from the drawer on her nightstand and put them on her face.

"Gorgeous" he breathed out as she turned back to him, glasses now placed on her face.

"Why thank you" she giggle as she sad on the edge of the bed.

"Of course my love" he smiled as he sat next to her and place a hand on her thigh "I have to tell you something" he spoke letting out a big breath

She turned so she was facing him fully now eager to hear what he had to share with her.

"Over quarantine, I started seeing someone"

"W-what?" her heartbroken

"No, no not like that. She's a um... she's a therapist"

"Evan! Why would you scare me like that when I just found out I am pregnant and we're moving in together" she slapped his arm

He chuckled in response and just hugged the girl.

"I love you Aurora, you are having my baby and we're moving in together, please don't ever think I would do that to you"

"I don't but the way you phrased it babe" she giggled throwing herself on to the bed.

"Let's get some rest okay, I have work in the morning sadly" he spoke to her as he began undressing and getting ready for bed.

"Yeah I know" she frowned as she laid down and waited for him to get in bed with her and ready for the night.

-------------------------------------------------------

The Next Morning

The alarm sounded so far away, it wasn't hers but she knew she should get up.

She rolled over and wrapped her arms around his shirtless waist.

He rolled over and caressed her cheeks before kissing her forehead.

"Good morning Princess" he smiled at her

"Morning baby"

"I really wish I didn't have to go to work"

"I really wish you didn't have to go to work" she smiled lightly up at him.

He reluctantly dragged himself out of bed and went to the bathroom.

She pulled herself out of bed and began making the bed so she can begin her day. They switched places in the bathroom as Evan began to get dressed for the day.

She walked over to the kitchen and made him a quick breakfast so he was ready and fueled for the day.

She placed two plates down with pancakes and sausages on them so he could sit and eat breakfast with her.

"This is why I love you" he smiled and kissed her cheek softly before he sat next to her and ate his breakfast.

"Just making sure my man is ready for his big superhero job" she smiled as she ate as well.

Right as he was going to walk out the door he turned to see a sad Aurora sat on the sofa with a glass of water in hand.

"You alright?" he question as one hand rested on the door knob, the other on his bag hanging from his shoulder.

"Oh um y-yeah I'm okay" she tried to fake a smile so he would leave her alone with her water and her thoughts.

"No you're not." he spoke dropping his bag and going to her as he typed a quick text on his phone. "Talk to me" he sat down next to her.

"I'm okay Ev, really" she tried to smile at him but to no avail.

"I'm um, I'm worried"

"Worried about what my love?"

"I just started this job Evan and I already have to beg for a leave of absence with no pay again. We're supposed to move in together in the next couple of weeks and I'll have no income coming in. My health is all over the place how am I supposed to take care of a baby if  can't take care of myself?" her eyes threaten to let go of every tear she was holding back.

"Babe, babe okay first you're only a couple of weeks pregnant. There's no need to freak out please believe me, I know you and I know you will be a great mother when this baby comes Aurora as for the money we can make it work for a couple of months okay. Maybe you should look for a side job you know work from home, it's a pandemic babe" he chuckled a little bit when her eyes lit up a little bit.

"You literally always know what to say and that is why I love you Evan" she smiled cupping his face placing a big kiss on his lips. "Get your ass to work Buckley" she whisper yelled.

"Copy that sexy" he saluted her and chuckled as he placed a kiss on her lips and walked towards the door and off for his day.