Chapter 17: Out With The Old

Hey you guys ^.^

I wanted to add more but then i re-read it and thought to myself that is a good enough chapter... right?

Hope you guys enjoy it!

_________________________________________________________________

~Nicole’s P.O.V~

It’s weird how one minute I was dreaming about something so beautiful, it was of my 16th birthday, there were a lot of people, people I didn’t even recognize but yet I felt love for them. The next minute I started to dream about Andy. He was walking towards me telling me to forgive him and that no matter what he will love me. I tried waking up from the dream but I couldn’t. I ran away from Andy, I ran as fast as my legs could carry me. I stayed hidden under some old tree that had fallen to the ground, I heard some footsteps, I closed my eyes and wished that Andy could not find me, but then all of a sudden I felt arms grab me, I opened my eyes and saw someone. It wasn’t Andy; it was another guy, a guy that I had never met in my life. I couldn’t quite see his face; it was as if my mind didn’t want me to see his face.

His manly voice echoes through my ears, “Don’t worry I would never hurt you my love.” I was confused at what he had told me, I was about to ask him but then I felt myself shake and soon enough I heard my mom say, “Sweetie wake up.”

I rubbed my eyes and looked around, we were still on the plane, I stretched in my seat and got up. The thought of that one guy got me confused. Who is he? Ever since my 16th birthday has been getting closer I keep dreaming strange things but I never tell anyone because they are just dreams…right?

My mom and I made our way towards the exit of the plane. We walked through the halls in search of our bags. As we were searching I couldn’t help but wonder how we are going to get home. When we got our bag, my mom turned around and said “Albert is waiting for us in front of the airport, and then we’re going to eat and then go home… if that’s fine with you.”

I was shocked, it’s like if she read my mind, the same with dad he too sometimes answers my question even if I don’t ask them out loud which is weird… I nodded my head; I was getting kind of hungry so stopping by for some food doesn’t sound bad at all. I wonder how my mom’s house looks like. I wonder if she still lives in the same place or if she has found a new house. The last time I was with her was when my dad and her were still married and living together but after they got divorced I decided to live with my dad because just being so close to what happened to me scares me, and now I am going back because no one knows anything about him, the man who is so called my “uncle”.

‘Don’t think about him, I bet we’ll love her house, I can’t wait’, my inner voice said.

I smiled and said, ‘you’re so weird, you’re all happy and excited and we still don’t know how this change is going to work out for me.’

‘I just know that we’ll love it’, my inner voice said.

I mentally rolled my eyes; I think I do need help. I’m talking to myself and smiling at my own comments.

My mom and I got our suitcases and headed towards the exit of the airport, whoa California is sure different from Mississippi. Mississippi there wasn’t a lot of people but here… it seems like an ant hill. So many people. I grabbed my mom’s hand, yes I know it sounds weird but hey I don’t want to get lost, especially here since I don’t know no one here. My mom was surprised at me, but then smiled and said, “Don’t worry baby, you’ll get use to it as time goes by.” I nodded my head and followed her. We waited outside for a couple of minutes and Albert finally spotted us. He hugged my mom and hugged me as well. He grabbed our suitcases and we walked towards his car.