[9] Cyan Confrontation

You hadn't spent those months with Bisky doing nothing. Ducking backwards as a chain shot at you, another man rushed forwards. Immediately you had dropped to the ground and swept your leg out, making him jump back. Already were you lamenting over the fact that your bo staff was now out of use — it would be nice to have some weapon handy. If you used your hatsu, you risked hurting Kurapika and his apparent colleagues.

It's nice how he'll work with random strangers but will push away his friends.

Beneath your helmet, you scanned them all. They were all hostile and wary, and you came to a stand, brushing sand off your suit.

The man who attacked you talked first. "State your name and who you're with right now!"

As if. Your voice would be a dead giveaway, and while you did entertain the thought of revealing yourself for both the shock value and to make things easier... You couldn't. While you had plenty of things to say to Kurapika, you couldn't be around him when your thoughts and emotions were both obviously unstable.

No matter how mad you were at him, you didn't want him to risk getting hurt because you lost control.

"I don't think he's with the thieves," a soft voice spoke up — a woman of short standing and a balding head. Her eyes seemed to pierce right through you.

The man you demanded your name scoffed. Were those tattoos underneath his eyes, or was that makeup? Either way, it was pretty tacky. "Even if he's not with the thieves, he's still an unknown variable and a danger as far as I'm concerned."

He, he, he. You frowned. Sure, you were in a suit, and maybe you weren't the bustiest person ever, but come on now. You couldn't even use your heels as an excuse, especially since Hisoka's heels are far larger than you would ever wear.

You weren't a danger, not to them, but you weren't going to bother to convince them. Looking past the wall of rock, you could see that it wasn't just two or three thieves — it was a decent sized group, and still only one was decimating the mafia down in that pit. No matter what trump you had in your hand, it didn't matter. You weren't foolish enough to even think of taking any of them on. You had the information you needed, the confirmation that the entire Troupe was in the city. Even better was that at least half of them were here, and not at the supposed base on the city outskirts.

That's all you needed.

Raising your hands up in a motion of placation, you slowly walked backwards, still not saying anything.

Finally, you spoke. "I don't want a fight."

As it turned out, you didn't need to worry about your voice for two reasons — one, the helmet muffled your voice so much it sounded almost garbled. If Kurapika recognized you from that, you would have honestly been confused. The second reason was because the moment you spoke, a chain shot towards your head. You had barely managed to side step it as you hopped onto the motorcycle, nearly frying it as you put in another charge of nen. Vehicle starting to life, something aggressively hit the back of your helmet. As you hadn't strapped the helmet on fully, the impact of whatever hit your helmet sent it flying, [h/c] hair messily unraveling.

"[Y/n]?!"

You tried to ignore him, but your name leaving his lips was enough for you to glance back in just enough time to make eye contact before using everybody's shock to quickly drive off. They couldn't even call after you or chase you unless they wanted to give away their position to the Troupe, meaning you were able to escape without a hitch.

Not once did you look back as you made your way back to the city. Besides, you knew full well you'd be seeing Kurapika around, especially since you both had the same end goal.