Chapter 2

Krystal

"Krys, you've got to get out of that bed." My friend and roommate, Abby Kinkade stands over me, her face a mask of admonishment.

"No," I grouse and roll toward the wall, tucking the blanket over my head. Two days have passed since the world saw me naked. I feel like I've earned the right to hide in my room for at least a week.

"Come on, it's not that bad. The picture isn't even up anymore." Truth. Miranda and Abby both reported the post, and it was removed within an hour. The account that posted it has also been disabled, but I don't know if that was Insta or Ryan's doing.

"Yeah, but how many people probably took screenshots of it? The internet is forever, Abs."

"So?" Miranda's voice comes from somewhere near the doorway. She must have decided to drop by after Bio. Which I didn't go to. I didn't go to Algebra today either.

I throw my blanket back and glare at her. "So! Everyone has seen me naked!"

"Krystal Ann Matthews!" Abby chides. "How can you call yourself a feminist and sit in here sulking because people saw a naughty picture of you. First of all, you should be plotting your revenge on Ryan. Are we cutting off his testicles or what? Second... that picture has only as much power as you give it. By hiding in here, you're giving Ryan, and that picture, power over you that you shouldn't be. You know what I would do if I were in your shoes?"

I eye her skeptically. Abby isn't exactly known for subtlety. "What?"

"I would take another photo of myself, one that I chose, and I would post it on my own account." Her answer is confident and matter of fact, and I don't doubt for one second that is exactly what she would do.

"I'm not doing that."

"Yeah, don't do that." Miranda agrees.

Abby continues, "All I'm saying is, hold your head up. Don't let the fact that people have seen you in the buff affect how you live your life. Don't let Ryan hurt you with this. Own it."

"Own it?" I ask unsurely. How can I possible own this... aside from posting more nude photos of myself online.

"Yes. Start by getting out of this bed, get dressed—in something sexy—and let's go to the Phi Delta party tonight." Miranda smacks my blanket-covered ass. "But seriously, take a shower first. You stink."

Abby pokes Miranda in the arm. "How did you get invited to the Phi Delta party?"

"A girl in my Trig class invited me. She wants to introduce me to her brother or something."

"How come no one ever tries to hook me up with their hot brother?" Abby laments.

Miranda snorts. "You don't know that he's hot. His sister is trying to find him a date. I'm thinking hot is not usually a word applied to him.

"A girl can dream though."

I shake away a spark of irritation and wave my hand between my two friends. "Ladies, can we focus here? I've got a real problem."

"Eh, do you though?" Abby challenges, and even Miranda looks confused.

"Huh?"

"This whole naked picture thing could work in your favor." She doubles down on her original statement.

"How do you figure?" I'm not sure I want to know the answer to my question, but I ask it anyway.

"Well, it could actually be a blessing in a few ways." She holds up three fingers and uses her other hand to tick off points on each finger as she continues, "One, it's a great way to weed out all the creeps. Any guy who's just out to get in your pants is going to ask you about the pics... and probably ask you if there are more. Two, you don't need to worry about being nervous getting naked with guys now because, chances are, they've already seen you sans clothing, and the fact that they still want to get with you means they think you're hot. And three," She waves her hand sporting those three raised fingers in my face, "It'll make for a great conversation opener."

Uncomfortable, Undone University Series, Book 1On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara