The Show

Jen's POV

The days keep on passing while my heart keeps on getting more confused because of a certain playboy named Edison Fuentebella. He keeps on making me confused and frustrated with his actions and sweet words but... I will never let myself get fooled by him.

'I will never fall in love with a playboy named Edison Fuentebella.'

"Next week is my elder sister's birthday celebration. Please come in our house for our little celebration. You can invite your friends Randy and Alice to spend that special day with us too. I really want you to come because I want you to meet my elder sister. I'm sure that you and her will like each others." Edison said talking to me. We are now currently sitting in a bench on the school campus. "Please come and celebrate that day with me and my sister, babe. That day is so special for me because that's my sister's birth day. I want you to be there because you are special to me too, Jen."

Edison is so sweet but I don't want to fall on his charms. He's a playboy and I don't want to become one of his victims.

I thought he will finally break up with me when he asked me to meet him today on the campus but I'm surprised because he just want to invite me in his elder sister's birth day.

I can't understand why this playboy keeps on playing with me. I know his relationship lasted only for two weeks but our relationship lasted for one month already making me more anxious and frustrated.

My friends even told me that maybe, Edison already fell in love with me. I don't want to believe it because once a player, always be a player.

"Are you okay, babe? Why you look lost in your own thoughts? Is there a problem?" I heard Edison's sweet voice. I looked back at him and saw the worried look on his handsome face. I felt his hand squeezed my right hand gently.

"For how long will we keep on playing games with each others, Edison? For how long will you keep on acting that you really love me?" I asked looking straight in his eyes. I can't understand why my heart aches while saying those words to him.

"What are you talking about, babe? Did I do something wrong?" He said then hold both of my hands. He was about to kiss it but I harshly pulled my hands away from him. My heart aches again when I saw the hurtful look on his face. "What's wrong, babe?"

"Stop fooling me with your bullshits, Edison Fuentebella!" I snapped at him. I am so frustrated now and I hate this feeling. I glared at him. " Why don't you break up with me now? We are on the school campus now so what are you waiting for? Break up with me on this place now like what you always did with all of your victims, playboy."

I feel so confused and frustrated because I have a stupid feeling that... I'm starting to fall in love with him. I don't want that to happen that's why our game must end now.

"What? Don't think like that, babe. Please? I won't do that to you because you're not my victim. I know I'm a playboy but that was before I met you. I'm no longer the resident playboy of this school since the day I started to fall in love with you, Jennica Torres." He said sincerely. I hate that I felt sincerity in his words.

'No, Jennica. Don't believe him. He's just fooling you with all of his lies. Don't fall in love with him because he can never love you right. He's a playboy who loves nothing but breaking other girls' heart. He will never fall in love with you nor with anyone.'

I slapped Edison's face hard because I can't take this anymore. He looks shocked. I don't care if a lot of students on the campus are watching us right now.

'This is it. This the karma that you deserve, Edison Fuentebella.'

"Stop lying to me, playboy! Break up with me now or else, I will be the one to do that." I said still glaring at him.

"No way. I will never break up with you. Why would I do that if I'm happy in love with you? I know it's hard to believe that a playboy like me fell in love with you but... that's the truth. I fell in love with you and I don't want to live my life again without you by my side, Jen." Edison said looking straight into my eyes. He tried to hold my hand again but I shoved his hand away then stand up.

"I bet you said those words to Monica before. Am I right, playboy?" I said glaring at him. My hatred towards him for what she did to my cousin will always win over me but...

I can't understand why I'm feeling something weird inside my heart now as I look in his tearful eyes.

"Monica? You mean... Monica Sandoval? The transferee that..." He said with a shock look on his face but I didn't let him finish.

"You're right. I'm talking about your past victim named Monica Sandoval. She's my cousin, my innocent cousin you played with. She's the reason why I hate you. I hate you so much for breaking my cousin's heart, Edison Fuentebella!" I said with tears rolling down from my eyes. Why am I crying?

"You hate me? But you said that you love me. Don't tell me everything between us are all lies, babe?" He asked. He had that hurtful look on his face and tears are rolling down from his eyes. "No. Don't fool me like this. Tell me that you are honestly in love me, babe. I love you so much, Jen."

'Don't give in, Jennica. He's a good actor, a heartless playboy so don't be fooled in his drama. He's the great playboy named Edison Fuentebella so there's no way that he will honestly cry over you.'

Edison Fuentebella will never fall in love with you, Jennica Torres.'

I stepped up on the bench and looked around the campus. Everyone on the campus had their eyes on Edison and I so this the best chance to finally start my greatest show.

"Listen, everyone! Look at the great playboy named Edison Fuentebella. He's crying over me right now. He's a good actor, right?" I said mockingly then looked at Edison coldly. My heart aches even more when I saw him sitting while looking at me with tears rolling down his eyes.

"Stop doing drama, Edison Fuentebella. Our game is finally over so stop pretending that you really love me. Don't worry because I don't love you too. I will never fall in love with you because you don't deserve to be love. This is the karma that you deserve, playboy!"

"Jennica Torres! That's enough!"

I heard Alice's voice so I looked on the other side. I saw her walking closer to us with Randy and Edison's bestfriend named Alvin following her behind. Alice came closer to me, then grabbed my hand. I had no choice but to follow her as she dragged me away from the campus.

I know she is mad for what I did today.

I looked back at Edison and saw him bursting into tears while Randy and Alvin are trying to comfort him. My heart felt so painful watching Edison crying because of me.

'I should be happy that my plan against that playboy succeed but... why am I feeling this way? Why my heart is hurting right now? Could it be...

'Am I in love with Edison now?'

End of Jen's POV

-----------------------------

A/N: Thanks for reading. Don't hesitate to share me your thoughts. Have a good day.