Epilogue

There were no more Games after the first one. Everyone was relieved, Levy and me most of all.

No one would be able to understand our feelings except war veterans. We hung out with them a lot and it helped, surprisingly.

I was relieved to find that Christina did not have any kind of mental breakdown or heart attack. We were extremely relieved to see each other. She told me about her experience of seeing me from the television. She said she skipped school every day and lived in front of the television. She cried almost the whole time and barely did anything but lay there.

As did all of America.

For the first few years after the Games, Levy and I struggled in school. We were able to graduate with 3.8 and 3.6 grades though. We went to a college in California, our subconsciouses still wary of the other states. We rented an apartment together. We still needed each other to wake up to each morning, but he was able to leave for one day to see his parents in San Diego, and I was fine for the one night.

It was clear that the only people we were able to be with to help us stay calm were each other, so two years out of college, he proposed. It was on the top of a grassy hill underneath an apple tree.

I ended up crying because I remembered thinking as he was about to kill himself that we wouldn't be able to get married.

The ring was gold with a diamond on it. He told me I was his diamond.

I said yes without hesitation. When we decided on the date, it was the same date as the reaping was, June 22.

As my father walked me down the aisle, stepping on red rose petals, he was crying. It made me almost cry too.

Levy and I had decided to write our own vows.

"I, Levy Enoch, take you, Esther Heyschel, as my wife. I promise to protect you when you need me to, to respect you, to love you for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness, in pain, till death do us part. With this ring, I thee wed." He put the ring on my hand and I said my vows.

"I, Esther Heyschel, take you, Levy Enoch, as my husband. I promise to protect you, love you, comfort you, respect you for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness, in pain, till death do us part. With this ring, I thee wed." I put the ring on his finger.

When the Reverend finally told us to kiss, Levy whispered to me, "Till death do us part."

And I whispered back, "Till death do us part."

Then we kissed to seal the promise.

YAYYYY IT'S DONE!!!!!!!

Did you like it??? Thank you for reading!!! I will have an Acknowledgements!!!!!

"To finish is sadness to a writer, a little death. He puts his last word down and it is done. But it isn't really done. The story goes on and leaves the writer behind, for no story is ever done."
-John Steinbeck