Chapter 21 Out

This is the the real Chapter 21.

If you want to skip this part that you've already read, be my guest. Just look for the

ìììììììììГ

Levy is taken from me in the morning.

I am taken to my prep team. They look close to tears and I don't hate them because of that.

When Benjamin comes in, he immediately wraps me in a hug and says he's sorry and I appreciate the thought but he can do nothing to help me.

I get dressed in jeans, a blue shirt, and a light jacket.

Then I am given a knife.

To kill Levy.

Like I'm actually going to kill him.

Like I could.

They want a fight, an epic betrayal of love, a fight to the death between two perfect lovers.

All they're going to get is a broken victor.

Because Levy's death will break me.

Benjamin takes me to a room. He checks the clock on the wall, then tells me to step onto the launch plate.

Do they have a whole arena for the two of us? Do they expect us to be in there for a while?

"There are no explosives or anything," Benjamin tells me, possibly to assure me.

Nothing he could ever do would ever make me feel any better.

It surprises me when the plate starts to rise and it feels like my stomach is left down below with Benjamin.

I see Levy rising out of the hole in the floor also.

We are in a room that looks about ten feet by ten feet.

Levy has a knife as well.

What if he killed me? What if he betrayed me to save himself?

I'd rather feel his betrayal like a burning knife in my heart than lose him.

The second the plates stop moving, he steps off onto the floor. Nothing happens.

"It was worth a try," he says.

I drop the knife and run to him. I hug him as hard as I can.

"Don't kill yourself please don't I love you I love you don't please please." And then my words merge into one another until I'm just bumbling, begging him not to.

"I love you too, so much. I have to do this-"

"NO YOU CAN'T YOU WON'T I WON'T LET YOU!!!" I scream. I grab for the knife in his hand but he pulls it away from me.

I can save him.

I pull away from him and run to where I dropped my knife. I grab it and move it in the only direction I know will save him.

My heart.

He grabs my arm and rips the knife from my hand. He holds my head between his hands, forcing me to look him in the eyes.

"Don't. Please, just don't." His eyes plead with me on the edge of tears.

"I love you."

"You have to live. You have to!" He says desperately.

"I love you." I say again, desperately trying to make him change his mind, trying to convince him to stop this.

"I love you too." He pulls me closer and I bury my face in his shoulder. "I love you so much."