Time To Work

I wake up to Azukis smiling face, her arms wrapped around me. cute. well, I suppose I'm stuck here, now.

It's sorta funny, really. She's helped me so much, and I've never properly given thanks. I mean, I've said thank you, but I don't think that counts. If it wasn't for her, I would've probably... well, done something I can't come back from.

Azuki starts to stir awake. As her eyes open, she seems confused initially, before it comes back to her.

"Good-morning, sleeping kitty~"

"mornin', what's going on?"

"Your cuddling me like your favorite stuffed toy, for one."

She seems slow to recognize what I said, before jumping out of bed. "Oh my- I'm sorry! I wa- It was just- I was too comfy."

"It's fine, your sleeping face is kinda cute, so at least I had a nice view." I say, with a smile on my face.

"hmph"

"whatever, I still need to get dressed and the like, so unless you wanna be locked out of the bathroom, you better hurry up."

"a-alright."

After we get into the bathroom, Azuki seems curious; "so, wanna work with us at the café?"

"Sure, if you're offering. Is there a uniform I need to wear, or..."

"Yeah, but we've got some spares, so you can just borrow one of ours for now."

...

The outfit looks like this;

...

"Well, this is... embarrassing. Do I really have to wear this?"

"We all have to, so just wear it. Be grateful Pull-may is letting you borrow hers."

"Fine, you're lucky I still owe you for everything, or I wouldn't be wearing this."

"Still wearing it, right?"

"*sigh* yes..."

"I thought so, now lets get going. We don't wanna be late."

The cafe is lit up nicely, with it's main sign, "La Soleil", lit up in neon. I follow Azuki inside, where she explains my role.

"So, I man the register and take care of orders, and while we figure out exactly where your strengths lie, I just want you to help out where needed. While things are going slow, though, you'll probably not be needed, so just relax for a bit."

...

She wasn't kidding. Once things started to speed up in the later evening, it was hectic.