8.

Max wasn't expecting Valentino to kiss him at all, he thought this man was very very very straight, straighter than any straight man mind you.
This was nerve-racking, he didn't know if Val wanted to date him or just use him as some kind of escape. He didn't want to be used like that, he's never experienced heartbreak but that doesn't mean he knows when he'll be broken if Val does use him.

Valentino pulled away smiling and got up "you know, you're not a bad person." He grin got wider and put his hand out for Max to grab.
"Is that what you say to someone who you just practically madeout with? Damn I must be lucky" Max wheezed laughing after seeing Vals look after he said that
"N-no I'm sorry, not what I meant" Val stuttered and Max laughed more
"I can't oh my god" he said rolling on the floor laughing his ass off

A few hours passed by and they went back to bed, they talked it all out (we hope.) Max fell asleep first again, this time he clung onto him before falling asleep, feeling safe once again.
"Goodnight, I love you angel" Val had whispered to the sleeping beauty.
He didn't know where this was going, he was afraid too. He wasn't using Max as an escape, he really likes Max hence why he kissed the angel.
He doesn't know if Max likes him back even though he kissed him back. That could be out of pity? Val didn't know for sure but he knows he'll try and bug him about it for the next week or so.

He really likes Max.