Winners' Ceremony: Fantasy

Hello and welcome! This is your host KaraCarreira.

Fantasy is a difficult genre to define. It fits into too many boxes to count! From elves and magic to portals and battling gods, it's safe to say that there's something for everyone, which is what makes fantasy such a great genre!

Today at The Peacock Awards, we honour our fantasy nominees!

Firstly, let's have a round of applause for our brilliant judge, without whom this would not have been possible:
AEPennymaker

*applause*

Feel free to check out her work on our reading list 'By The Judges of The Peacock Awards'.

Now, let's put our hands together for the nominees:
Salt and Sand by Maraudin.
One Foot In & One Foot Out by melanatedmelon.
Sparkling Lake by LheaRyder.
The Male Empress by TrushaJi.
Crooked by AliseAsorr.
Empath by MiyaHikari.
King's Shadow by Space_Queen_Q .
Song of Deception by e-z-22.
The Champion by Archdav.
Amethyst 1. Inception by booklored.

*more applause*

Without further ado, here are the results:

BEST BOOK
Empath by MiyaHikari with a perfect score of 10!

BEST CHARACTERS
We have a tie, both with 10/10!
Empath by MiyaHikari and King's Shadow by Space_Queen_Q

BEST SHIP (or relationships)
Another tie, again with 10/10!
Empath by MiyaHikari and King's Shadow by Space_Queen_Q

BEST GRAPHICS
We have a four-way tie, each receiving a perfect ten!
One Foot In & One Foot Out by melanatedmelon
Sparkling Lake by LheaRyder
Song of Deception by e-z-22.
Amethyst 1. Inception by booklored.

CROWD FAVOURITE
Another four-way tie, again with a perfect score!
Salt and Sand by Maraudin.
One Foot In & One Foot Out by melanatedmelon
Sparkling Lake by LheaRyder
Amethyst 1. Inception by booklored.

And last, but not least, the OVERALL WINNER for the genre is
Empath by MiyaHikari with a score of 45/50!

*applause*

***

Speech by MiyaHikari

First off, a big thank you to the team running The Peacock Awards. None of this would be possible without you and I appreciate the effort you've put into this awards! All my writing inspiration I owe to Jesus Christ, the original master artist and creator of all things beautiful. Lastly, to all my friends over at DreamlandCommunity, you guys are the best! Your comments make me laugh and I love discussing characters with you guys (especially Kalvor ;) I'm so very grateful for Empath's win. This is a project I've put on the back burner for now, but I have renewed hope that I'll return to it someday and that it's worth finishing.

***

Congratulations to all nominees! All the best with your future writing endeavours. May you continue to write stories that take us on magical journeys and wherever else we may want to go but can't in reality!

Please PM this account with your email address for winners' stickers and certificates. All nominees may PM this account for scores and reviews.

A quick note before you go: we are hoping to bring back our monthly publication The Peacock Show soon, but to do that, we need a crew! If you're interested in getting involved in our community, please head over to 'The Peacock Show' book and check out the posts that are available.

Thank you for joining us, and I hope that you'll stick around!