Winners' Ceremony: Fan Fiction

Hello and welcome! This is your host KaraCarreira.

As one of Wattpad's most popular categories, fan fiction has carved out its own place on the platform. The magic of these stories is that they bring us new stories set in worlds we know—fresh conflicts mixed with the familiar.

Today on The Peacock Awards, we honour our fan fiction nominees!

Firstly, let's have a round of applause for our brilliant judge, without whom this would not have been possible:
akiimarvelous

*applause*

Feel free to check out her work on our reading list 'By The Judges of The Peacock Awards'.

Now, let's put our hands together for the nominees:
Flytrap by MaskedParkers.
Heart of Babylon by Lady_Rhey.
Heal My Mind by mrsackxrman.
Bid Against the Thunder by SoelleKhiss.
Deception by -Nynaeve.
Together Forever by Diya543.
Another Life by JenCooper01.
Camouflage by twilightbreeze-.
Priceless by Starelf555.
Shadowhunters - The Ever After by IvashkovLightwood.

*more applause*

Without further ado, here are the results:

BEST BOOK
Flytrap by MaskedParkers with a perfect score of 10!

BEST CHARACTERS
We have a tie, both with 10/10!
Heart of Babylon by Lady_Rhey and Bid Against The Thunder by SoelleKhiss

BEST SHIP (or relationships)
Together Forever by Diya543, also with 10/10!

BEST GRAPHICS
Deception by -Nynaeve with a perfect score!

CROWD FAVOURITE
Priceless by Starelf555 with a perfect 10!

And last, but not least, the OVERALL WINNERS for the genre are
Flytrap by MaskedParkers and Deception by -Nynaeve with an average score of 46/50!

*applause*

***

Acceptance speeches by

MaskedParkers

I have to start off by thanking God for giving me this gift to write. I recognize that this all comes from Him, and it is only because of Him that I can say this right now.

I also want to thank this amazing community for all their love and support. You guys are some of the most encouraging people I've ever met. It is honestly because of you all that this story is the way it is today. Many people think writing is a solitary hobby, but that is not true at all. It is because of your help and feedback that this story could even compete at all!

Finally, to the judges and the amazing Peacock Show profile, thank you for giving us this opportunity to showcase our stories! We love you and appreciate you!

-Nynaeve

I thank my judges and the organisers for this wonderful opportunity.

When I received the news of the win, I was both shocked and thrilled; the shock has worn out though the thrill remains. It means a lot to me, that my book - Deception - won, especially considering the immense talent of the other writers and their wonderful stories.

I would like to dedicate this win to all my lovely readers, without whom I would not have been able to tell this tale, in its entirety and to the conclusion. As Ursula K Le Guin said, "The unread story is not a story; it is little black marks on wood pulp. The reader, reading it, makes it alive: a living thing, a story."

I could not have done this without you, my readers. Thank you for reading and being with me, all the way, and in spite of me letting you know at the very beginning that it would not have a typical 'happily ever after' ending, from the start to the finish.

***

Congratulations to all nominees! All the best with your future writing endeavours. May you continue to write stories that celebrate what we love about our favourite fandoms as well as give us even more to appreciate!

Please PM this account with your email address for winners' stickers and certificates. Scores and reviews will be PMed to each nominee soon.

A quick note before you go: we are hoping to bring back our monthly publication The Peacock Show soon, but to do that, we need a crew! If you're interested in getting involved in our community, please head over to 'The Peacock Show' book and check out the posts that are available.

Thank you for joining us, and I hope that you'll stick around!