Winners' Ceremony: Chicklit

Welcome to The Peacock Awards! This is your host KaraCarreira.

The Cambridge English Dictionary defines chicklit as "stories written by women, about women, for women to read."

This may technically be true, but this genre really has so much more to offer. These are tales of lessons in life and love; stories with characters that readers can cry for and laugh with.

Today, we honour our chicklit nominees!

Firstly, let's have a round of applause for our brilliant judge, without whom this would not have been possible:
melanatedmelon

*applause*

Feel free to check out her work on our reading list 'By The Judges of The Peacock Awards'.

Now, let's put our hands together for the nominees:
The Broken Photoframe by loveisasweetpoison.
The Broken Bride by Im_hella_bored.
The Mission by KavyaAgnihotri.
Connor's Last Wish by Jay-Elizabeth.
DITCH by LeiAndre.
When The Clock Strikes by smittenwriter23.
Ebony and Frank by evacharya.
The Fatal Crush by sorenavit.
Rich, Famous and Partnerless by Call-me-Daisy.
The Life of Charlotte Summers by Chloe2sweet.

*more applause*

Without further ado, here are the results:

BEST BOOK
We have a tie, both with a perfect 10!
When The Clock Strikes by smittenwriter23
Connor's Last Wish by Jay-Elizabeth

BEST CHARACTERS
Another tie, both with 10/10!
Rich, Famous and Partnerless by Call-me-Daisy
Connor's Last Wish by Jay-Elizabeth

BEST SHIP (or relationships)
Yet another tie, with a perfect score!
When The Clock Strikes by smittenwriter23
Connor's Last Wish by Jay-Elizabeth

BEST GRAPHICS
We have a tie, both with a perfect 10!
The Broken Photoframe by loveisasweetpoison
The Broken Bride by Im_hella_bored

CROWD FAVOURITE
Ebony & Frank by evacharya with a score of 10/10!

And last, but not least, the OVERALL WINNERS for the genre are
Ebony & Frank by evacharya and Connor's Last Wish by Jay-Elizabeth, both with an average score of 44/50!

*applause*

***

Acceptance speech by

evacharya

First of all, thank you so much for hosting this award and for the judges and their times. It's great to see so many aspiring and talented people among the pool, and to be someone whose work was deemed a winner is just—I'm chuffed. Thank you for this honour and recognition. As someone trying to push ahead and make writing a career, Ebony & Frank, is one of my works in progress, and a win this early gives me the boost to continue with the story. It's a surprise and means a lot to me. Thank you to all the readers and the support.

Jay-Elizabeth

First and foremost I'd like to thank the host and judges of The Peacock Awards. Without you, and your dedication, there would be no awards to take place in.

Connor's Last Wish is such a special story for me and I'm honoured it was chosen as the overall winner. Creating and getting to know Gemma was challenging, but well worth it and something I hope to revisit in the near future. To everyone who gave Connor's Last Wish a chance, thank you. Your support means so much to me, more than you will ever know.

***

Congratulations to all nominees! All the best with your future writing endeavours. May you continue to write stories that are delightful as much as they are relatable!

Please PM this account with your email address for winners' stickers and certificates. Scores and reviews will be PMed to all nominees soon.

A quick note before you go: we are hoping to bring back our monthly publication The Peacock Show soon, but to do that, we need a crew! If you're interested in getting involved in our community, please head over to 'The Peacock Show' book and check out the posts that are available.

Thank you for joining us, and I hope that you'll stick around!