Chapter 6- A little bit of Laurence

NOT EDITED.

Dr.O'Conner smiled victoriously at me as I told him yes, that I would get rid of the One-night stand queens stuff. A smile so delicious and sweet I fantasized about running my tongue at the corners of it. I still couldn't get over how extremely different he looked at this very moment. 

After giving my answer to him I watched as he got up to order himself a coffee, staring intently at the manly swing of his hips and round ass, while finishing off my hot chocolate. I tried not to think to much on the fact that in less than 24 hours everything that I have come to know would be thrown away. That the woman I have relied on all these years would cease to exist. I knew that it was a nessacary evil, something that had to be done so that I could heal, but it scared the shit out of me. How would I mentally survive this? How was I going to hold onto my sanity?

"Your wheels are turning" Slayder's voice rings out bringing me out of my reverie. I had been staring intently at the lid of my coffee cup running a blood red nail along the top of it as I thought so I didn't see himm sit down.

"Huh?" was my witty response and he threw an amused grin at me.

"I can practically see the wheels turning." He tells me while taking a swig of his coffee. "tell me what's on your mind."

I empty the rest of of my hot chocolate in one gulp before answering, wishing not to be vulnerable but knowing the next few words will label me as such. 

"I'm scared" I admit to him while looking down at the table top. For a moment I get no response from him but surprisingly his hand folds over mine causing me to look up at his handsome face, a compassionate look in his eyes. 

"I understand Jane" He says softly giving my hand a brief squeeze, "but I'm confident that this is in your best interest. I know there are alot of factors in your life that I am not aware of and hopefully one day you trust me enought to reveal them but for now I know that this is something that needs to happen. I won't fool you into thinking that it's going to easy because truthfully it's going to be hard to change something that's been a part of your life for so long but it's nessacary. This could be the first step to the rest of your life." 

I could feel his words hitting something deep within me. Resounding in my ears and my heart. Suddenly a feeling of blinding hope took over me making me believe in every word that he was saying to me. This man in front of me, with his grungey good looks and kind eyes, was giving me something to believe in, was restoring my lost faith. With a teary smile I nodded my head and gave him a firm squeeze back. 

"Thank you" I say with as much sincerety as I can muster, releasing my hold on his loose fingers. 

"I have a few appointments tomorrow so after I'm done I'll give you a call to make sure that you're alone and we can get to work."

"Okay" I agree with another grateful smile. 

"So why don't we get out of here. I have an early start tomorrow but don't hesitate to call me if you need me. I really want to help you as much as I can so don't be afraid to call upon me if it's nessacary." He tells me sternly which caused a giggle to escape me. 

We both moved to stand up, grabbing our belongings, and moved to the front of the cafe. I noticed from the corner of my eye that sexy teenager eyeing me from behind the counter but I refrained from turning his way. As much as I still had the urge to take him into some back stockroom and have my wicked way with him I knew that to kick this habit I had to listen to every single instruction the doctor gave me.

Slayder opened the door for me to step through and once outside I surprised us both my wrapping my arms around his torso, squeezing him with all my new found hope, and feeling him wrap his own arms around me and squeezing back. We stood like that in a platonic embrace before mutally stepping away from eachother. I looked up at his handsome face, his hair falling beautifully around his face as he looked down at me, and smiled one last time up at him.