two ~ Her Lies

A/N:

I just want to explain how high school works in the UK. The high school here in the UK is different compare to some high school you see in the movies or in America where they have four years. Freshmen, Sophomore, Junior and Senior year.

Here in the UK, they start in year 7 to year 11. The age depend on your birthday but majority of the student will start high school at the age of 11 and finish at the age of 16. From there, you can decide to either work, do nothing, go to college and sixth form to get the qualification to enter university by the age of 18 or above.

University and college in the UK are different. In college you get certificate when you finish a course. In University you get a degree.

Also in here in the UK, if you only finish high school. It's not a big deal. You can still get a job and paid the same amount as to someone who finish college. Graduating from university is a different story though.

Moving on, the story will jump to two years later. Why? You might ask. It's because she didn't want to share what happen to her for the last two years of her high school life. But she told me to tell you all readers that she was bullied for two years. You can all probably imagine how hard for her to share those memories because it led to her condition today.

I hope you like this chapter.

Happy readings everyone! :}

Nessa xx

T W O

H E R     L I E S

Four months before finals, I never thought I this will happen. For the past year and half, I never talked to Aaron or tempted to. I was sure that I was over him and all that was left in my mind was what I'm going to do after high school.

Yet, here I am getting all excited by a mere 'hello' that popped up from my Facebook messenger. Smiling like an idiot, I replied with a simple 'Hey, how are you doing?' I wanted it to be casual and make it look like I'm not as excited as I appeared to be.

Nervously, I wanted for Aaron to reply and when he did, I jump happily around my room. Doing such an embarrassing dance before calming myself. I wanted for another few more minutes before decided to reply. I didn't want to look too eager to reply to him.

We talked for at least an hour before he said 'goodnight'. He was up late because he was finishing a project due that morning. But the smile on my face never left as I close my laptop and got ready for bed.

The following days we left each other's messages until the day he was up late once again.

A.W.: Hey, how are you?

B.H.: I'm good, you? How's college life?

A.W.: Sucks! What about you?

B.H.: Don't know what course I'm doing for college or where to go.

A.W.: Hope you figured it out soon.

B.H.: I hope so.

I was stuck. I didn't know how to continue our conversation. I have seen him type something but when it disappear, nothing came. It was like we don't know how to act or talk to each other anymore.

Back then, we never stop talking. We talked about everything even if it's useless or random thing. We always have something to talk about.

Dejected, I sulk on my bed as I stared at my phone. Beating myself up, I wanted to tell him something, anything to continue talking to him but yet I got nothing. I threw my phone against my pillow and buried my face on one of them as I scream against it.