The Padawan: Capture (Part One)

"Master," Adhara said, bowing to Obi-Wan's hologram.

"Adhara. Lieutenant Trap. How is the mission going?"

Adhara cocked a grin at her master. "It's not like it's a hard mission, Master. Just dropping supplies off at a warzone, and getting out."

Obi-Wan raised his eyebrows. "Be careful, Adhara." He turned his gaze to the clone. "Lieutenant?"

Trap saluted. "everything is going according to plan, General. We should be on Ryloth soon."

"And then getting the hell out," Adhara added, shooting Obi-Wan a grin.

He rolled his eyes, but a smile pulled at his lips. "Well I'm glad to hear it. I'll see you two soon." The hologram flickered out, and Trap cocked his head at Adhara.

"Do you really hate this mission so much, Commander?"

Adhara pulled out her lightsabers, rubbing some of the tarnishes with her sleeve. They were newly made after Aitor stole her last one, and she decided she never wanted to be so vulnerable again. One was a regular saber, the other a guard shoto, short with an extra handle for additional movement. The metal was sleek under her fingers. "I'm just teasing Obi-Wan. To tell you the truth, I appreciate missions like this." She shrugged, flushing. "it's a nice change of pace."

Trap smiled ruefully. "I agree. To be still...it's a mercy."

A few clones at command turned around, smiling. Adhara recognized Havoc, Edge, and Pulsar. Clones she had fought with, had bled with. She knew they were brothers and she a Jedi, but they felt like family to her, as well.

"Are you going soft on us, Trap?" Havoc asked.

"Do we need a new commanding officer?" said Edge, winking at Trap.

He rolled his eyes. "Commander Starseeker is your commanding officer, trooper. She's the one you should be worried about being soft."

Adhara feigned hurt. "Me, soft? I'll have you know I'm notorious for being anything but soft, Lieutenant."

"Yeah," Pulsar said, his voice teasing. "She uses two lightsabers, Trap. How can she be soft?"

Adhara rolled her eyes, smiling, nicking Pulsar in the back of the head. "No sass from you, soldier. I'll..." she cut herself off, her head whipping towards the entrance of command. The Force tingled inside of her like an alarm bell, and her body went rigid. All of the clones tensed around her.

"Commander?" Trap said.

"You four, with me," Adhara said, pulling her lighsaber out, but keeping her guard soto sheathed. She let the blade out, lighting her face up green. "Helmets on. Fall into formation."

It was tense as they moved out, the only sound the hum of Adhara's saber.  She steadied her breathing, reaching out with the force to find where the invaders were, but she already knew – the ship rocked, and she took off at a run.

"Weapons at the ready!"

She turned the corner, breathing hard, to come face to face with droids and General Grievous standing with two lightsabers already unsheathed.

"Grievous," she snarled.

"Starseeker," he wheezed back. "It's always a pleasure."

"Get off of my ship, Grievous."

"I don't think so. the Count wants you, so I want you." He rolled his tongue over the words, and Adhara bristled.

"Go arm the other clones," she said to Trap over her shoulder.