Chapter 2

The Bridgertons

Bridgerton House, London

Charlotte met the Bridgertons a day at the Primrose Hill park. They all introduced themselves, spent the day together, and immediately built a strong friendship. Charlotte loved spending her time with all the siblings, no matter their age difference. They were a family of nine; Lady Violet Bridgerton, and her children: Anthony, Benedict, Colin, Daphne, Eloise, Francesca, Gregory, and Hyacinth. They were named in alphabetical order, from eldest to youngest.

The Princess knocked on the Bridgerton Household's door, and the doors were immediately opened by Daphne's lady's maid, Rose.

"Your Royal Highness!" She exclaimed happily as she curtsied. "Come in, Princess. Welcome back to London!"

"Thank you, Rose. It is good to be back, indeed," she smiled as she walked in the house. "How have things been around here?"

"Not much has changed. The youngest are still troublemakers, chasing each other around the house. Lady Bridgerton and Miss Daphne are preparing themselves for the social season," Rose started explaining, and the Princess nodded. "Lord Bridgerton has been quite busy lately. Mr. Benedict and Mr. Colin have not changed much of their routine. Miss Eloise is...well, reading lots of books. And Miss Francesca is learning to play the piano."

"Oh! I see. They have kept themselves busy, then," she chuckled softly.

"Princess? Is that you?" The Princess turned her head and saw Colin on top of the stairs.

Colin ran down the stairs and stood in front of the Princess. As always, he bowed his head first, but Charlotte immediately pulled him into a hug. He hugged her back tightly, making her giggle. After a minute, they pulled away with big smiles on their faces.

"Your Royal Highness, words cannot express how happy I am to see you," he grinned. "My mother, brothers, and sisters are in the drawing room. Would you like to go and see them?"

"Of course. I'd be delighted. I brought gifts for all of you," she nodded and looked turned around to face Fatima and Martin. "I will be alright, as always."

"We know. Enjoy your day," Fatima nodded with a smile, and the princess nodded back gratefully.

Fatima has been Charlotte's lady's maid since she was a baby, and Martin has been her personal guard since the tragic death of her youngest sister. They knew the Bridgertons quite well, so they were not worried at all of something bad happening to her.

Martin handed Colin the bag of gifts the Princess brought from Prussia. Silently, Colin cursed at how heavy it was, but he was now curious of what was inside. He offered his arm for her, she interlaced hers with the two walked upstairs to the drawing room. Charlotte could hear clearly that Daphne was playing the piano.

"Hold on," they stopped outside the room. The doors were closed. "They do not know you are here. Can I surprise them?"

"Of course," she chuckled. "It will be quite the surprise."

Colin nodded, placed the bag on the floor, opened the doors of the room, and stood in the doorway. Charlotte's presence was hidden by the wall, waiting for her friend to surprise his family.

"Brothers, Sisters, Mother, all of your day has just got better," Colin grinned. "I have a surprise for all of you."

"Oh, Brother, what have you done now?" Anthony asked him tiredly.