9 What you wanted

I glared at Joven who's eyes are boodshot. Normally as a person involved with drugs you expect them to be a user too.

But I don't. That little morality in me still spark when I convince myself to try. I think that's what makes the most of me: that I still have the morals those nuns in the orphanage thought me.

He smiled awkwardly. Albeit they paid for all that I brought, they made me stay and wait for them, they keep in telling me to do it with them but I refused so Joven did it for me instead.

I wanna go and leave, it's been two hours and Judah promised to wait for me at the park. I bet he is still there waiting for me since most times he is stubborn and do as he promised.

And by the looks of it Joven's new boss is already high. If he falls asleep anytime now, I can then leave.

I tapped my foot on the dusty floor. I gripped the bag and kept on glaring at Joven.

Nile—Joven's new boss—seemed to notice my glares since he laughed a little.

"You seemed im a hurry—."

"I am." I cut him off. I am in a hurry. Someone is waiting for me.

He raised an eyebrow at me at laughed, this time hardcore. He slapped his thigh too, it's as if something about waiting is so funny.

"Go—pft. Hahaha! Go!" He said ratifying me to go.

I stood up and marched my way to the door. When my hand reached thr knob he spoke again.

"I'll bet, sweetcakes, he already left. Hahaha. " He said. Maybe he had some troubles and past about waiting since he is hysterically laughing until now.

I faced him. "500 bucks if he didn't." I said biting his deal just so he would let me leave.

I am confident, Judah is a promise keeper even when situations is bad he never lie or break his promises.

Somehow I find it odd. 21 years of being alone and I am now discovering myself so glued to someone I just met.

I trust him so much to the point that I'm okay. Back then, I never felt okay nor trusting anyone even Monroe or the orphans.

When I reached the park I felt someone following me and I bet it's one of Nile's men. Tsk, he seemed so serious about the bet.

I roamed my eyes to look for Judah but I was stunned when I saw him.

Sitting on a bench and talking to a girl—I felt my heart pounded in a nervous manner— The girl he is talking to is Margeaux.

She is a friend of Donna, the Governor's second legitimate daughter. I was about to step back and leave when Judah's eyes darted at me. He waved his hand. Even though it's night time I know Margeaux recognise me.

Her eyes widened so I turned and half jogged away. I don't know if Judah followed me but one thing is for sure: Margeaux will spread the news at Wheeltown Gates.

Everyone might chase after me. No, I can't allow that. I am starting anew I can't let her be near me and ruin everything.

I felt a hand grabbed my elbow so I harshly removed it. Judah was shocked at my reaction I was about to mumble a sorry but I saw Margeaux following him.

"I'm going home." I said to him and turned my back.

It's too obvious but yes I am scared. It's only been a month since my peace and I am not prepared to  face hell again. I also don't want to runaway.

Think. Fast. Think.

If I runaway again, Joven will have to find a new Drug lord to keep me under their domain. Who knows if they're gonna be nice to me?