Prologue

~3rd Person P.O.V.~

Y/n sat in her room, playing on her guitar, writing down a new song she was writing, until she heard a tap on her window. She put her guitar down, getting up to her feet, before opening the curtain, just to see Ricky standing there, with tear stained cheeks.

She looked at him with a concerned look, before opening the window to let him in. Once he was in, Y/n started talking.

"Ricky, what hap-"

He cut her off tackling her in a hug. He cried against Y/n's neck, while she rubbed his back soothingly, whispering in his ear. They stayed like that for a few minutes, until he spoke up.

"I'm sorry." He said against her neck.

"For what?" Y/n asked.

"For bothering you this late." Ricky admitted.

Y/n shook her head, kissing his head a little, "Even if I was asleep, I wouldn't complain, one bit. But, I'm surprised you came to me instead of Nini."

Just bringing up that name made a tear come down and onto his cheek, and a small sob escape his lips. Y/n heard this and pulled away a little, holding on his shoulder. Ricky was about to dive back in the hug. He always loved being held by her, but she stopped him before he could.

"Did something happen? Between you and Nini?" She asked cautiously.

He looked down, nodding, "She wrote a song for me." He whispered.

Y/n nodded, remembering Nini telling her about what she was gonna say to Ricky. She had to reassure the girl, and tell her it would all be okay. But clearly, something went wrong.

"Well, what happened?"

"She told me she loved me. And I didn't say it back. I told her we should take a break, since she's going to camp." Ricky cried a little.

Y/n nodded her head. Nini hadn't told her about this yet, but she knew that she was definitely gonna hear it from her. You see...

Y/n was Nini's twin sister...

Only about eleven minutes younger...

Nini treated Y/n like her baby sister. They loved each other.

And Ricky...

Ricky was Y/n's best friend...

And Nini's boyfriend.

Well...

Ex-boyfriend, now...

Nini and Ricky would tell Y/n everything. Nini would say one thing, and Ricky usually said the same thing. She never said anything, she just listened to them.

"Do you love her back, though?" Y/n asked.

"I-I don't know." He admitted.

Y/n knew what he meant. He parents never really showed like they loved each other. His mom is hardly ever home. They just never act like they're together anymore. Y/n kissed his head, before resting her cheeks on it.

Ricky breathed in through his nose, taking in her scent. She always had a good scent. He buried his head more into her neck, his back bent, considering she was shorter than him.

"You know, I'll be there with you, every step of the way. Big Red, too." Y/n assured.

Ricky shook his head a little, "What about Nini?" He asked, remembering how close the two sisters are.

Y/n shrugged, "Who said I can't be there for both of you? Plus, she'll be at camp, so you're stuck with me."

Ricky chuckled, "I'm okay with that."

~

few weeks later

Ricky was getting better from that night. Big Red and Y/n were there for him when he needed it. Y/n was also there for Nini, along with Kourtney, but that was before she went to camp.

Currently, Y/n sat in her bedroom, strumming on her guitar. That's what she did basically all summer. Play on her guitar, trying to come up with songs.

As she played, she didn't notice a certain curly haired boy sneak to her window like he did often. Before he knocked, his gaze just stopped on her, watching her strum the guitar he gave her for her birthday.

He watched as her e/c eyes looked through her notes before going back to the instrument. He felt like he could've just watched her all day. He usually did when it was just the two of them. Which was often. He'd be helping her with songs, and mainly he'd watch her play them.

It was then that Y/n finally noticed the boy at her window when she glanced up. Jumping slightly, she skipped to the window, opening it up and letting her best friend in.

"What are you doing here?" She spoke up.

Ricky shrugged sheepishly. "I was bored." Y/n gave him a look before rolling her eyes with a smile, hopping back onto her bed. Ricky followed. "And I missed you."

"You just saw me yesterday. With Big Red."

"So?"

She opened her mouth to answer, but decided against it, going back to her guitar. Ricky went beside her, laying on his stomach, staring up at the girl.

Y/n glanced at him, not moving her head. "What are you staring at?"

"Just you." Ricky shrugged like it was nothing. She laughed. "Let me hear what you've been doing."

Y/n sighed. "It's not that good."

"Who cares? You write amazing songs. Especially when you have a certain person, who happens to be your best friend help you out." Y/n laughed at Ricky's words, which made him smile big.

She was definitely the reason Ricky was getting better from this break up.