Chapter 04: Take the Day Off?

 I sat on my chair and took off the heels off me. Right now heels are something that I once loved. I moaned as my aching feet touched the cold carpet beneath it. I shivered slightly as I took my blazer and put it on me.

Then my phone let out a noise, and I saw it was a reminder that I have to take Brandon to the doctor's office. My eyes widen as I forgot to tell Mr. Monroe about this. I quickly turned to my computer.

I emailed the doctor to try to put it off, he replied saying it is urgent for patients like these. I nibbled on my bottom lips, I was so going to get fired.

Boss, can I take the day off? I wrote as I played with my fingers, I sure hope he will let me go.

All my hopes when damaged when Mr. Monroe himself came into the room himself, as he looked at me angrily. I immediately shrieked and slid down my seat, as I saw his face. His eyebrows were furrowed and his jaw was clenching.

"You do know you're a pain in the ass right?" He shouted, my eyes widen in fear.

"I should have had you fired, the day you started working here. It's your second day and you want an off?" He said harshly as he took steps closer to me.

"Do you want to lose your job now?" He asked, as he harshly took my arms and pulled me up. I felt the lump in my throat as tears stung my eyes, just waiting to be released.

"Answer me!" He shouted as he took a hand full of my blazer so we were face to face. His eyes were cold, and void of any emotion.

"N-no" I stuttered as I gulped, trying to fight those blasted tears!

Then he looked at my lips for a split moment, I thought he was going to kiss me, only to be disappointed when he released me.

What?

At that moment his bodyguard, Alan came in.

Once he saw Mr. Monroe he rushed to him and then saw me, with wide eyes he spoke to Mr. Monroe.

"Alors qu'est-ce que Scylla effrayant faire maintenant ?" Alain said in French I think. ("So what did this Scylla do now?")

I huffed and fixed my blazer and sighed. "I need at least two hours" I stated calmly as I looked straight at Mr. Monroe. I avoided the lump in my throat.

"And why should I do that now? Huh?" He asked as he took a seat on my chair.

That's when my phone dinged, right next to him. I went to get it, only to see that he snatched it and read my reminder.

Reminder:

Doctors Appointment in twenty minutes.

Once he read it, he looked up at me with an intense stare. But something was different about that stare; it was full of curiosity and something else.

"Alain, please step outside." Mr. Monroe said in a calm dark tone. I gulped and held his stare.

Once Alain stepped outside, Mr. Monroe never took his eyes off of me. I wanted to look down so many times, but I couldn't. His stare was just too intense.

"So Miss Walter......." He said after a moment of silence.

"Why do you need to go to a Doctor's appointment?" He asked as his green eyes sparkled a little.