Chapter 8: "Maybe let me talk and I'll explain?

(Please watch this video, it's quite possibly one of my favorite things to exist on this god awful world and the chapter won't make much sense if you don't watch it anyways)

Y/n was on the floor, her lungs felt like they combusted from laughing so hard. He chest and her stomach could not physically move and were so sore from just cackling. She was sure she'd grown abs.

"Oh my fuck- I'm so jealous of your 9,999,999 dollar house I-" Y/n managed to choke out.

"Shut up, it was 2 am-" he pouted from the other side of the computer.

"y-you OWN people?" She wheezed. "Oh Alex why would you throw away your DIGNITY like that man?

"It's funny though right?" he asked.

"Goddamnit, It's so fucking funny dude but not in the way you intended."

"Better than nothing I guess."

"Your 'house' is worse than nothing Big Q. Oh wait I'm sorry, I have to address you as Quackity full time now right? And why Text to speech? Just why?" she pleaded, still not fully recovered from her laugh attack.

"Because my voice sucks." He whined.

"AHAHAHA if you have the confidence to post that, you have to have the confidence of being able to speak."

"More reasons than that though. If I ever reach a milestone, I can do a voice reveal and not have to make actual good content for it."

"Or the 'ol reliable Q & A" Y/n pointed out.

"Ooh yes that can be another milestone!" he exclaimed contently, and Y/n heard lot of keyboard smashes and mouse clicks on his side. "You know, you're right, I should have told you about this earlier."

Y/n grinned cockily, "What can I say, I'm your side hoe for a reason. But damn, you are the laziest hardworking person I know. Besides myself I guess" she remarked.

"You are NOT hardworking Y/n" he exacted so matter-of-factly, that she felt she was compelled to provide some sort of proof.

"Hey what, I get good grades, I'll show you." Y/n appealed, clicking rapidly on the application for her school grades. After quickly taking a screenshot she texted him the photo on Skype.

"Just because you're talented or naturally smart, doesn't make you a hard-worker." He stated, clicking his tongue as a fidget mechanism he always did.

"Did you just call me smart?"

"I saw your grades, I'd be blatantly lying if I didn't admit that they're good. But you don't actually put it any work."

"Oh is that so? And how would you know?" She asked, crossing her arms, a little ticked off.

"You talk to me every day for most of it and you only ever take 4 minutes to do your work. Hell, I've seen you fall asleep on call with me and those entire times, not once do you try to do something more for your grades and stuff. I'm not saying it's a bad thing, eres muy afortunada, but beating me in every game does not count as 'hardworking' because I'm shit at everything anyways."

Y/n was just scrolling through YouTube while talking so she was about to argue back, when a video popped on her recommendation page caught her eye.

Toontown- the typical HQ officer

It was the familiar duck on the side that caught her eye though. It looked an awful lot like Quackity's toon.

She clicked on it and immediately went to check the date and the creator.

June 3, 2013                                                                                                                  QuackityHQ

She raised her eyebrows, now legitimately pissed. Today was August 15th.

Not June 3rd.

Which meant Alex started his channel more than two months ago.

And didn't tell her.

How did she not notice the view count? The likes? The subscriber count?

"Y/n? Hello? This is usually where you say something back and try to win an argument," he laughed slyly, "but hopelessly fail."

"Yeah Alex? Off topic but uh I saw something! So this is realllly funny but I just found this toontown video?"

"Oh yeah, you might get toontown videos in your recommended now that you saw my first one."

" Well did it ever occur to you that those recommended videos might be one of yours?"y/n interrogating, keeping an unnaturally friendly tone.

The call went eerily silent.

"mhm, mhm its called The Typical HQ Officer, sound familiar?" she continued.

Still no response.

Y/n let out a groan. "Alex why didn't you tell me about your Youtube channel earlier? Do you not want me to see it? Are you embarrassed you play toontown? What the fuck, man?"

"Oh." she heard a mumbled 'shit' afterward.

"Yeah, shit is right. Alex I thought we were friends. This is a really important part of your life and I want to be part of it. Trust? Is that what it is? You don't trust me?" she confronted him, looking at the blank screen in front of her.

"What? Of COURSE I trust you"

"Then what? Are you sick of me? Do you not want to talk anymore. Is my supposedly 24 hour calls where I don't do my homework pissing you off?"

"No, why would-"

"That's a good question. Why would you Alexis?"

"Maybe let me talk and I'll explain?

Y/n leaned back in her chair, her silence indicating him to go on.

"Well I sort of wanted to impress you I guess?" he moaned, "I don't know, starting a Youtube channel has always been this really big thing for me and I sort of wanted to be successful before I showed it to you."

Y/n raised her eyebrows but she kept her mouth shut.

"I'm horrible at Minecraft, I can't really do anything else either. And I wanted to try to edit too. Look, I know it's lame, but you're so GOOD at everything that you do that maybe I wanted to be better at you in something and maybe you'd encourage that?"

He awkwardly paused, waiting for a forgiving response.

But it never came.

She just scoffed.

"You know, you're right. That was fucking lame. What do you mean I'm good at everything? You're the person who knows me best, you don't have to lie to my face. I'm not going to steal your damn glory man. I love you, I would never do that.

Alex, you're my best friend, and one of my only. I don't think oh realize how much it means to always be there for you.

She almost hung up before adding, "Congrats on your 102 subscribers. It's too bad I wasn't part of them. Hell, I wanted to be the first."

She left the call leaving him alone.