Somewhere ch-19

Chapter 19 Somewhere

Aden's body was warm against mine when he crawled into bed that day. My heart was heavy and my mind was clouded when he whispered that he loved me. I couldn't grasp what was happening to me? Such a short time ago I would have given my life for him and his love. Aden had completed me when I was so empty and numb but now these new feelings dug at my insides. Doubt clouded my senses almost as much as the guilt that tore at my morals. The tears that had poured from me earlier were punishment enough for me right now. I was guilty and hoped he couldn't read it on my face. We stayed in bed most of the day; him snoring slightly and me starring at the ceiling afraid to leave his side. There was a small voice in my head that kept telling me his brother slept only a short distance away. Unsure if I could contain my feelings I needed to go home. As much as going there would disturb me this place was becoming just as uncomfortable.

Aden's husky sleep filled voice drew my attention. "What you thinking about beautiful?"

Did he know I was thinking about how sweet his brother tasted or how much I had wanted him? Blinking back tears of guilt I forced a smile. "Nothing, just waiting on you to wake up."

His arm moved across my stomach as he turned on his side tugging me to him. Nibbling on my neck caused me to quiver a little. "Sammie I'm sorry. Is it too soon for that?"

He referred to what Rick had done. I stiffened. Refusing to look him in the eye I spoke. "No I'm fine."

His sigh filled the room. "We will get over it." His lips moved back to my cheek now for a feather kiss before he slid out of the warm bed.

I know he meant his words to be comforting but they just felt cold. We didn't have that happen to us. I had it happen to me. Besides I knew the difference between a loving touch and that man's foul attack. My mind was just gushing with things right now. I followed his lead and crawled out of the bed. The door was still ajar so I made my way towards it, to use the bathroom.

Aden's arm slid around my waist when I exited the small bathroom. He was so warm and smelled like his familiar scent. It put me at ease behaving like we always did. Between nibbles on my ear he spoke.

"Are you mad about last night?"

I sighed and leaned back against him. "No."

Kissing down my neck he added, "I'm sorry you got left in the cold to be a Popsicle."

Those words made me laugh a little. "I'm sure you were freezing your ass off too."

"Hmm hmm." His agreement was muffled as he kissed the curve of my neck.

I eyed the rooms in front of me, they were empty. In fact the whole house was quiet; James' door stood open showing an empty bed. His hands were roaming around my body sending tingles of delight to my muddled brain. Why do I feel guilty allowing him to touch me? Pushing those thoughts away I turned to him.

Taking my lips in his almost caused my knees to buckle under me. He knew just how to tug at my strings. It felt so right and so wrong at the same time. I felt almost as guilty as I did with James' hands on me. Pushing him back a little I tried to reason. "What if someone comes in?"

He glanced at the clock on the microwave. "Dads gone, Amanda is at Robbie's all week and James should be working till closing." Stopping he arches his eye brows a couple times and gives a mischievous look. "That means you're all mine Miss Jones..." He stopped again looking more serious. "...we don't have to ...if you're not ready."

I don' know if it was the fire he worked up in me or the plea in his voice that made me need him. He was trying to so hard to understand and I felt so guilty for betraying his trust that I needed to prove my love. The distance was short between us and I closed it pulling him to my lips.