She doesn't deserve this

"Goddamn." My mouth hung open.

"She's supposedly one of your students."

"Yeah," She was laying on her back with her pants and underwear pulled down. Her shirt was lifted up and her bra torn from the middle. There were fingerprints bruised onto her breasts and scabs that look like they were from fingernails split open.

There were clumps of her brown curly hair on the damp

grass. Her brown eyes were open. The death stare. It's when you're met with the face of death and you realize how ugly it really is. Her mouth was open. Her hands were limp at the sides.

Her head was bent at a gross position, accurate to how she died.

"This wasn't an Other." The marks of strangulation were on her neck.

"I know."

"They are not dumb enough to do this." She lifted her right arm, looking at the blood that was from her breasts smeared across it.

"God," This time I really asked for him. "Why did this happen?"

"This isn't his fault." I ducked my head and covered my eyes.

I wasn't even trying to defend just her. I was trying to defend all woman.

"She died of her neck being snapped from the strangulation. Probably killing herself from fighting to hard."

"I wouldnt be surprised. Who found her?"

"One of our officers guarding the fences." She pointed to her. She was hysterically crying, pale, and out of it.

"She's new."

"Won't last very long." Sabrina, the medical examinor, told the men in charge to pick her up and put her in the bag.

"And the assistants are looking at all of us like meat. I think one is a litt-," she said.

"Yup. I'm gonna go up a while. Please be careful." She nodded and ordered them to stick in the ambulance.

I walked up the hill that led the doors of the school building.

I didn't even get to talk to her about extra protection.

"God damnit!" I kicked the trash can in front of me.

I get angry when things happen. These girls walk around here thinking that they are safe when really they are in more danger than jumping in front of a bus. And then men just lie, lie about hurting women because they know people will believe them or people will think that they deserved it because we're just sex toys. We're to obey not to be obeyed. Women are just people men use for their needs. That's why all of our women are prostitutes or strippers because they know they can get tons of money by just walking out into the street. Instead of just having dignity and walk out into the street because they are police officer, or a soldier, or a doctor, or hell anything than just using their bodies to get rich.

I wiped my eyes from the burn of tears coming. I feel the pain of the world, but I feel it by myself.

Just wait until we find justice.

And I'm one of those people who actually finds it.

I ran up the five flights of stair to get to the dorms for my age group.

In this republic, school systems pick the top thirty from all 36 territories in each age group and bring them here to Building X. Those are the only students who can get high level educated and paying jobs. The rest of them go to refuges that teach them everyday skills so they can get by. So when a student is doing bad they kick them out and bring another student in. The kids I'm teaching for combat are from all over.

Its brutal going to school.

I swung open the door to their room and went to the kitchen.

I took stacks of ceramic plates and one by one I slammed in the ground. I threw them at walls and at their doors to wake all use to be fifteen pairs of students up.

"Hey, hey, hey! What the hell?" Andrew and his roommate were the first ones out. He went at me with his whole body and I just moved out of the way. I took a plate and smashed against the counter, still holding a piece of it.

"Go wake up the rest of the boys or I swear to God I will shove this into you thigh. Next one your chest." He put his hands up in surrender.

"Crazy bitch." I went into the cupboards and piled out mugs and glasses, making a hazardous mess on the floor in front of me.

A swarm of boys came out in pajamas and boxers and bed heads and squinting from the bright light.

They yelled at me to stop.

"Line up in two rows. That's an order." They quickly organized themselves mumbling in annoyed faces.

They aren't as stupid as I thought.

"I'll stop until one of you explained this to me." I took two pictures out of my pocket. They printed them out right at the scene. They were a picture of her smiling face and then her tortured body laying in the damp grass.

I walked around and gave them a glimpse of her, then I walked away so they can think about what they saw. One actually fainted from the blood.

"Guess it wasn't him. Tomorrow lawyers and detectives will interigate all now twenty eight of you."

"Why all twenty eight of us?" asked Maxwell.

"Because you guys were the only ones who saw her today. The only ones besides me."

"Couldn't it of been an Other?" Andrew asked.

"No, not stupid enough. Why are you guys so worried? If you don't know anything about this, you shouldn't be nervous. Even if you do, don't give yourself away."

Thank you for reading this far! I hope you continue because the story is finally opening up and the next part is going to be kind of surprising. I hope.

Did you see I change my book cover? I actually drew it myself! I wanted to make the feather look realistic and everything else look cartoonish. Please vote if you like it.

THANK YOU!!!!!!

-Wmeliz