Chapter Fifteen- Blue Velvet

Sorry for the wait, I had Finals :// but only two more chapters until I start my new story :) Xx

                                                           CHAPTER FIFTEEN

 **payton's POV**

I slid into the smooth, leather seats of the black,British taxi,not knowing what would happen next. "Where to miss?" the semi balding taxi driver called up from the driver's seat. Before I could respond to him, I felt severeal vibrations in my coat pocket. "Sorry, just a minute" I winced to the driver as he appraised me with his judging looks, my eyes glancing at the mysterious caller on the screen. "Hello?" I cautiously questioned into the small speaker. "P-Payton, it's Anne, Harry's mother, I just called to tell you that..Harry is..is" she choked on the last words, but I gave her tine to prepare the dreadful words as my heart began to race. "What is he Anne,is he alright?" I panicked. "He's dead!" She sobbed into the phone. 

"Dead? What do you mean dead? Are you sure?" I cried. 

"He's as cold as the winter,and feels like stone" she sighed

"I'll be there soon" I whispered, ending the call

"So where to again?" the driver sighed, placing his chubby hands on the wheel. "Cheshire" I replied a hint of indignation in my voice. "alright" He groaned, turning on the small,plastic meter. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The car ride to Harry's house felt like a million miles. Warm tears streamed down my face. How can you do this to yourself Harry? I thought to myself morosely. We passed by a profuse amount of snowy feilds and trees on the way to Cheshire. 

About ten minutes later we parked infront a medium sized,brick house lined with beige and green paint. I threw a wad of cash at the driver, and zoomed off into the house. Anne sat on the stairs holding a faded blue blanket. I silently crept over to the large staircase, making it aware of my presence. "This was the blanket I made to wrap him up as a baby" she silently whispered, her teary eyes glued to the rag. 

I didn't reply, I just looked at the rag tediously. "Can I?" I asked, motioning my hand to feel the rag. "sure" she replied in a hush voice, handing it over to me. 

The soft,blue velvet comforted me. It greeted me with a strange feeling of nostalgia. I gripped the blanket to my face, inhaling the soothing smell, getting my last connection with Harry. "He's in the upstairs bathroom if you want to see him" Anne wondered off, trying to stop herself from crying. I nodded silently in responce, picking myself up from the stairs, the blanket still held tightly in my hand. 

My feet carried me to a small room painted beige. Without a sound, I slithered into the room, aware of my surroundings. The winter sunlight bursted through the huge windows that sat on the walls next to the queen sized bed with fluffy, white duvet sheets. 

Harry's lifeless body lay on the tiled floor. A wave of shock hovered over me. I contemplated wether I should scream or cry. The voices in my head were yelling at me imperiously, giving me negative thoughts. I brusquely threw the whiskey bottle at the wall, specks of glass,and pools of whiskey shattered to the floor. The sunlight crept onto the remains,glistening just like his eyes did. The thought of him mollified me. I cowered into the corner where he lay, and cradled his torso into my arms. I was aloof, lost in my own silly thoughts. My body reflected in the full body mirror playing a mind game, derision. All my anger subsided, leaving me feeling monotonus. 

(please begin to play the song on the sidebar! :) )

My fingers intertwined with his once curly locks. My bony finger stroked his icy, hollow cheeks. My eyes were stuck to his charming looks. I parted my lips and began to sing. 

"You are my sunshine" I choked as I stared at him

"My only sunshine

You make me happy when skies are grey

You'll never know dear

How much I love you

So please don't take 

My sunshine

Away"

A/N: Thank you for reading! THERE IS STILL ONE MORE CHAPTER. And please do check out my new Story "The Break" and comment what you think :) Xx Alicia