A Power Up

AN: I promise this won't turn out to be the typical OP Percy story. I just feel like he needs some additional power because he will fight some people like Ares and other gods. There might be a little graphic violence.

Third Person POV:

Percy was coming back to Camp Half Blood. Percy was walking through a forest in Wyoming when he saw a luminescent blue glow. He jogged to the blue light and saw a crystal. He felt as if it was just making energy in the air. He felt stronger around it.

He decided to touch it. Percy crept closer and stuck his hand out on it's surface. "Is this a good idea?" he wondered before his body had a faint blue glow around it. "Oh no! This is NOT good!" he exclaimed before the light faded.

"What happened?" Percy whispered, quite confused. He assumed that the glow wasn't good but he felt more powerful. While he was buried in his thoughts, the noises of a bird woke him up.

"What is that?" Percy mumbled before he saw a flock of five vultures circling above him. The wild birds swooped down at him. Right before he got hit by 5 vultures, he dodged them by doing a backflip. "How did I do that?" Percy asked.

He turned around and swung his sword. The tip of his blade was stained with blood after killing three of the five birds in one slice. "Is that the best you got, Ares?!" Percy taunted. The vultures got angrier, as if Ares was channeling his rage through them.

Percy then delivered two quick punches, sending both flying creatures ground. "How did I do that?" he thought. "My reflexes are never that fast." However, his thoughts were interrupted by the roar of a stampede of boars.

He threw his sword at a boar, chopping right threw it's chest. "Why did I throw my sword? It's like I have a different person inside of me." Percy said to himself before his sword flew back at him. He barely caught it, nearly getting impaled by his own weapon. "Riptide only ever returns to me in pen form! I gotta watch out for that."

Percy ran up to the body of the boar and pulled it's tusk out. Then he ran through the herd, stabbing the side of each boar with the white bone. All the creatures dropped to the floor with lifeless eyes. Percy just widened his eyes and shrugged. "I guess I'll test out some more of my abilities." he said to himself.

He punched a tree really hard, which usually would hurt but it didn't. The tree cracked and it fell. Percy lifted his arms above his head right before he was going to get crushed. His mouth widened with surprise. He hefted the tree and tossed it into the clearing boar's bodies were in. "This abilities will definitely come in handy." Percy thought before continuing his trip to New York.

Word Count: 497