The Quest for The Dove

Percy's POV:

**1 Week Since The Last Chapter**

I was sitting at the beach, when a explosion of white light appeared in front of me. Aphrodite stepped out of the light, looking like a goddess. "Well, she is, Seaweed Brain." Annabeth's beautiful voice faintly said in my head. I started tearing up at the memory of her.

"What's wrong?" Aphrodite asked, concerned at the sudden reaction.

"Just thinking of Annabeth." I responded, sniffling. Aphrodite showed a face of sympathy as she sat next to me.

"Unfortunately, my sacred animal has been lost. You are the demigod I find most worthy for the task. So, I ask you to find my dove. I will repay you in return for your labor." Aphrodite stated.

I contemplated this task. "It's not like I have any choice." I thought, making my decision.

"Yes, Aphrodite. It would be a honor to retrieve your sacred dove." I told Aphrodite.

"Thank you. My dove means very much to me. I saw a vision of the dove flying in the mountains of Alaska." Aphrodite replied, telling me the information she knew.

"Alaska?! I have no help from the gods there!" My mind screamed in outrage and surprise. I wanted to say my thoughts out loud but I thought better of it.

"Very well, Aphrodite. I shall leave as soon as I say good-bye to my friends."

"Good. I will inform Poseidon and Sally of your location." Aphrodite said in what seemed like relief.

"I guess she didn't expect me to go after I knew what I was signing up for." I thought.

I immediately went to my cabin and grabbed a piece of paper that was lying under Tyson's mattress.

I grabbed a pen and wrote:

Dear Camp Half-Blood,

I will be leaving on a quest for Aphrodite. I will be going to Alaska for about a month at least to search for the sacred dove. I hope that you do not forget me and keep doing your normal camp activities. Make sure that the Stolls don't ruin my cabin while I'm gone. Also, Chiron, assign a new temporary sword instructor.

Love,
Percy

PS: Tell me if Thalia comes to camp shoots an arrow in your butt.

After the letter was written, I left the cabin and placed it near the hearth. I grabbed a stone from the forest and chucked it in the     orange fire that gave me so much confidence. "Keep hope." I whispered. I then walked to the hill exiting camp and crossed the border. "Time for a quest." I thought, though I might have said it out loud.

I walked down the hill thinking "This won't be easy."

Word Count: 446 (Still not many at all, but I felt that I had to update this story.)