017: forgotten

"Can you please..?" Jungwon pulled back his hand, feeling flustered.
He turned his head away unable to look at the girl in front of him any longer, when someone standing not far away caught his eye.

"Eunji..?" He mumbled, his eyes lightening up.

Sangmi confusedly, took a step back. "Where?"

"Please let go, Sangmi" The boy wanted to pull away completely and wanted to just run towards the girl he awaited the whole time, feeling impatient.

He knew Eunji would just turn around and leave if he wasn't fast enough to reach her.

Eunji on the other hand froze.
Just a moment after she had witnessed their little interaction, he turned around, making their eyes meet.

Her gaze went to the ground almost completely as she took a few steps backwards, ready to leave.

She didn't expect to meet Jungwon here, especially with Sangmi.

And she wasn't ready to face him either.

eunji's p.o.v

There was this feeling again.
The stinging feeling, that always stirred my emotions everytime I saw Jungwon together with Sangmi.

Was this jealousy?
Heartbreak?
Did disappointment consume me to the point where i couldn't even feel happy for him?

Maybe it was all of the above, I didn't know.

I promised myself to not feel any of those negative emotions, but I couldn't help it.

I was such a coward.

Turning around, I tightly grabbed the straps of my bag.

I shut my eyes close for a short moment, when a wave of equanimity hit me.

I was fucking dying. I was sick.
This was wrong.
I shouldn't act this way after everything that had happened.

With balled hands balled into fists, I breathed out and nodded to myself.

Feeling determined, I turned around again just to see Jungwon already walking towards me.

Oh.

All the courage I thought I had collected just now vanished in a snap, as I swallowed. Overwhelm washed over my face as I slightly stumbled backwards.

And before I knew it, he stood in front of me with a relieved expression.
"Hey." I gently spoke and tilted my head, slowly feeling my heartbeat calming down.

He was looking—No, staring at me so intensely, that I had to try my best not to blush too obviously.

"Eunji, I—" Jungwon start, my eyes looking at him in anticipation.

"Hi!" Sangmi's head popped out next to him, as she grabbed my hand with the brightest smile.

I was caught off guard completely.

"I'm Sangmi! One of your classmates!"
I know.

"We never really talked to each other, but I really want to get close to you." The girl spoke with a smile, as I nodded.

"I feel the same..." I simply answered, unsure of how to react.

I could see Jungwon rolling his eyes in the corner of my eyes, as he put away Sangmi's hand, which was on top of mine just a moment ago.

"About 2 days ago.." She started fidgeting with her fingers as she diverted her gaze away from me, "I'm sorry—"

Jungwon familiarly grabbed my wrist gently and pulled me slightly towards his side, as he spoke, interrupting Sangmi completely, "Didn't you say you have to do something? Why are you still here?"