016: strength

(a/n: and yes my peeps, that's were the storyline is going down the drain😜)
__________________________________________

The girl knew damn well what she was getting herself into.
Refusing to get the surgery means that she was alright with the second option.

possible death.

She knew how stupid it sounded.
Risking your life just to feel the emotion 'Love', when she could just get the surgery done and move on with life.

But it was the first time she felt those.
Jungwon was her first love and she wouldn't let it go to waste.

The surgery was expensive. Too expensive for her to afford it herself.

And just the thought of her approaching her mother and asking for money for the surgery just because she was selfish enough to fall for someone who wasn't even interested in her in the first place, was sending down shivers down her spine. Over her dead body she would.

Her mother had already worked so hard to get Eunji her drugs and inhalers all the time ever since she was a child.

Being a nuisance to anyone was the last thing she wanted.

And who said she wasn't going to change her mind later on?

Eunji had nothing to lose.

She had 3-5 months to make up her mind and make sure that Jungwon would return her feelings, before the flowers were fully grown inside her already damaged lungs.

The flowers.
The beautiful flowers that were already starting to develop in the roots of her lungs and were threatening to take away her last breath.

The evidence for the warm feeling and extreme fondness she felt for Jungwon.

The girl would rather die than lose feelings for the boy that gave her a reason to be strong.

Eunji wasn't afraid of death.
She had experienced many near-death situations before. More than she had fallen in love.
The girl was the last one to back up from risky circumstances.

In the short amount of time Eunji had spent with Jungwon, she has never been more sure.
The boy deserved someone to love him as much as she did.

"I will make him like me back." Eunji nodded determinedly, gently throwing away the petals with a smile on her face, "I won't let life torment me any further."

She was never going to let her illness ever hold her back from doing what she loved and liked ever again, now that it might be the last thing she did.

Including her asthma and now hanahaki, why would she let it affect her already shitty life?

This frightening, but at the same bewitching illness that was going to haunt Eunji even more frequently from now on, wasn't a curse.

It was a blessing and a opportunity for her to finally do whatever she wanted and for once...

be strong.

jungwon's p.o.v

"The thing is.." I threw back my hair and sighed, "She isn't answering anyone. It's like she disappeared."