007: expression

"Are you guys bestfriends or something?" Ara asked Eunji before throwing a paper at her.
Everyday was starting with their little daily morning conversation where they just update each other about random stuff.

And of course Ara had to mention Jungwon in any way.

"You are always going to be my best friend." Eunji smirked and nodded, before nudging her friend's shoulder.

"That didn't answer my question." Ara pouted and smirked back, before the two laughed.

It was much more comfortable now.
Before their friendship it was only them and Eunji knew Ara felt just as forced as she did with their friendship.

But now that the two of them developed themselves and especially Eunji learned to be more social.

Everything was going so well that Eunji couldn't help but feel happier than ever.

Unconsciously, she looked over to Sangmi.

eunji's p.o.v

"I think she is seeing someone. Not sure who." Ara nonchalantly said, making my eyes widen.

"Sangmi? She is? Since when? How do you know?" I asked hurriedly, looking for Jungwon, in case he was nearby listening to us.

But he wasn't there.
He hasn't been here all morning.

"This morning...she hugged someone goodbye. Not from our school." Ara shrugged and looked around, "But no one's sure. We shouldn't jump to conclusions."

"You are right.." I mumbled, feeling unwell about this.
Jungwon normally was the one arriving first at school, so I was wondering why he was late.

"Alright see you." I waved to her and went to my seat, glancing at the empty seat in front of me.
The unwell feeling increasing.

______________________________

"Jungwon, are you there?" I carefully approached the bench where we always sat, looking around for Jungwon.

"No." He replied nonchalantly and I saw him walking out from his hideout, a tree right next to the bench with both his hands in his pockets and with a relaxed expression.
Thank god, it seems like he doesn't know about her yet.

"Why weren't you in class?" I continued to ask and sat next to him. The flowers behind us looking a lot sadder than normal.

"I wasn't feeling like it."
Rapidly, I turned my head to look at him.
I was wrong.
He did know about the encounter of Sangmi and her 'friend'.

"Listen..Jungwon. We really shouldn't jump to conclusions like t-"

"Don't give me that Bullshit." Jungwon interrupted me and flipped back his hair swiftly with a quick movement, before adding, "Please."

When I didn't say anything, he sighed once again.
"Yes, I don't like her. I don't like Sangmi." He continued and looked into my eyes darkly, "I love her. I still do."

That's when I felt something creeping up my throat, as I turned my head to the side, unable to hold eye contact after what he just told me.

What?

"You like her? Like a lot?" I asked again, "I thought you were over her-"

I don't know why, but even though I knew that he was obviously not over Sangmi at all, it made me feel uneasy.
I felt weird.

"I lied. I can't no matter what I do." Jungwon ruffled his hair, leaned back a bit and looked up to the sky, "She's always on my mind. I mean we've been friends since childhood. I've known her my whole life and here she is rejecting me."

With a bitter taste on my tongue, I looked at him, before nodding understanding. I totally understood him, but I understood her too.
"Sangmi can't control her feelings either, Jungwon."

"You are right. I understand that, but she can't expect me to still be her friend. I can't see her as a friend." Jungwon mumbled, before rubbing his eyes from tiredness.

"I thought I was over her, but after seeing her being all lovey dovey with someone else..." He sighed, "I don't think I will ever love someone as much as her."

"Nothing's sure yet, Jungwon. Who knows? Maybe it's just a friend." I looked at him encouragingly, but at the same time my chest tightened even more.

What is this?

"She looked at me, Eunji. Sangmi looked at me while hugging that guy. She apologised to me with her eyes and I knew that there was more going on between them."

I looked down.
This time there was nothing I could say to defend his points.

Silence began to engulf us. Just when I was about to open my mouth to speak again, he interrupted me.

"I'm sorry for blabbering you full with this nonsense." He turned to smile at me, "I don't know what's getting into me lately."

His smile was genuine, I was sure of that, but at the same time there was so much sadness hidden in those dull eyes.
The ones that used to sparkle so much.

Before I could even progress my own actions, I had already wrapped my arms around him tightly.

"Eu-"

"I'm sorry. You don't deserve this, Jungwon. Just.." My voice gave up and the unpleasant feeling never once leaving my body, "Never keep your emotions to yourself. Don't hide. Don't run away."

"Eunji."

"I'm serious. Not seeing you in class worried me. And others too." I started blabbering not letting him go, "I know we haven't been friends for long, but don't think you are alone. You never are alone."

"Eunji." He repeated and looked down to me, before I felt him slowly wrapping his arms around me too.
He gently stroked my back with his hand, as if he was the one comforting me.

"Thank you." Jungwon mumbled and tightened his grip around my body and putting his head in the crook of my neck, catching me off guard completely, "All this time, I wanted to talk to someone so bad and just..let it all out. But it was hard."

"Huh?" I mumbled, a blush painting both my cheeks.

"Talking about my problems to others.. I.. somehow can't. Even with my other friends I just can't- seem to express my feelings well." Jungwon continued and slowly started letting me go, "But why do I not feel this way when I'm with you?"

Jungwon let out a small laugh.
"What's with you? How do you have such a big impact on me after such a short amount of time?"

I could feel my heart skipping a beat and warmth climb up my face, as I turned away.

God, what the hell was wrong with me?

eunji's p.o.v end