3 • Baltasar

•••

•••

The screams of people brought her back to reality as she cling Caspian to her side. Her eyes looked frantically around for a safe spot but there was so much rush that nothing made sense to her.

Holding Caspian's hand she ran to the side of one old looking house. Crouching down she hides behind the shadows keeping her brother safely behind her back.

When she was in a little safe spot, her eyes darted to the rush of people, to understand what's really happening.

Savage looking bulky men run after the people of town. They were wearing weird types of clothes with bandanas on their head and when her eyes landed on the mark on their wrists, her eyes widened looking at the skull imprinted on their wrists. Their town is under attack by pirates.

The shipment was happening tonight, perhaps they got the words and came to steal. But what they could get from such a small town. They should've gone after rich kingdoms.

A whistle was heard in the dark sky and next thing a bomb was thrown on the thatched roof of the barely standing house immediately setting it alight. The crackling sparks of fire fell to the side on them and she hissed when it burned her shoulder slightly.

Holding a crying Caspian's hand, she located a planked type shop in front. They can hide under that plank for now. Pulling Caspian to herself she mumbled. "We are going to make a run towards that shop and you'll immediately hide under the plank and no matter what you'll not come out of hiding." She told him seriously and he nodded his head and next second they sprinted towards that plank without getting eyes on them.

They immediately hid under the plank and she pulled Caspian closer who was trying to control his sobs. "Easy my brave brother, stay strong." She spoke in a hushed voice pulling him closer who nodded his head with a pouty face.

A shrill scream had her eyes snapping in front where a bald man was pulling Liza from her wrist but she was struggling and resisting.

Rose's throat clogged up, when that man ripped Liza's clothes from the shoulder and Rose immediately pulled Caspian to her chest not letting him witness the brutality of a woman being raped but nothing prepared Rose for what she witnessed next.

Holding her hairs to the side that man let out a growl; Rose's heart stopped drumming when she witnessed sharp canines protruding from his mouth and he sinked them in her neck.

Liza let out an excruciatingly painful scream as that man latched on her neck and within a few minutes he let go of her body pulling his canines out of her neck.

A pale looking lifeless body fell on the dirty floor with a thud and Rose took in a sharp breath, her ears going numb as her large fearful emerald eyes looked into the white hollow eyes of Liza which were once brown.