1 • The Myth

•••

•••

"Thousand winters ago, far across the vast ocean sailed the sailor with glee. He was a boy, fifteen summers old. Born from the womb of a courtesan and raised in the brothel. The day his mother died the boy left that place behind. His yearn and love for the sea raised the words that he's the seed of a pirate, foresee."

The old man sprinkled some of his mead in the bonfire and the flames roared up, making the kids hold their breath as they gazed at the wise old man with their wide innocent eyes; not understanding half of the words he used.

"What is a seed Mr. Baltasar?" Asked the small girl with a confused face, making the old man's face frown.

"It is nothing little girl and do not interrupt when I'm deep in the tale." Mr. Baltasar scolded the child who nodded her head with wide eyes and motioned at the old man to continue.

"The boy sailed for years across the seven seas; learning the aspects of the sea. His bravery and battles reached the ears and many young lads left to join the boy. Slowly and gradually he became the notorious captain. He made a massive ship that was called the 'DARK SOUL.' It was said that the ship has some magical powers; no one was able to fight him."

Mr. Baltasar narrated the tale in his captivating way. "What was his name?" Asked the small Caspian with raised brows.

Mr. Baltasar glared at the kid with a sharp gaze making him shut his mouth. The thing old Baltasar hates the most was being interrupted in his tales.

"One more word from y'all and I'm going to bed!" Baltasar said sharply, making them shut their mouth as their wide light filled eyes waited for him to continue.

"As the power comes, so do the evil. Within a few years he became the king of all pirates across the seven seas. With every step towards power and treasures, he lost the boy he was. He became a cold, menacing pirate; looting the kingdoms after kingdoms. He was unstoppable."

Baltasar smiled smugly looking at the anticipated eyes of the kids that were circling around him in this cold weather.

"All the kings of the land made a truce. They called upon a witch and asked for help. The witch was granted freedom on behalf of the end of the captain of DARK SOUL. She agreed, delighted and went in search of her prey."

"The captain was sailing across the Erythraean sea and came across a malnourished woman on the timber plank; she begged him for help but he only laughed and offered help that was death, his crew laughed at the joke of their captain and that woman shook her head in a weird manner."

Baltasar splashed the sprinkles of his mead on the fire making the flames to roar as the kids waited with mouths ajar.

"The woman changed her appearance into a witch in a blink of an eye. She laughed at them but the Captain wasn't scared at all. The witch cursed DARK SOUL. She said and I quote; 'I curse upon you-"