Chapter 9

A/N: Hey guys! Here's chapter ten, still kinda short but a little longer than others. Hopefully it makes sense, there were some confusing parts that I tried to work out, if they still don't make sense just let me know and I'll explain! Happy reading! Let me know what you think!

Korra POV

"Hey! No fair, you cheated!" I scoff, tossing one of my Phi Sho tiles at Asami.

"You don't even know how to play, so how would you know?" she quipped back, setting up the game again.

"Ok, fair point, but that last move just looked kinda sketchy."

Asami chuckled at me. I snuggled a little deeper into her jacket. I woke up with it on and had refused to take it off ever since. Asami was sitting across from me in my football hoodie and had the hood up. When she was concentrating on a hard move, she had the tendency to furrow her brow and pull the sleeve over her hands and rest her chin in her palms. It was insanely adorable... but I needed to ask her something.

"Hey Asami, um, can I ask, uh, you a question? It's kind of personal."

"Of course, Korra. What is it?" she said with concern deep in her eyes.

I rubbed the back of my neck, not being able to look her in the eye. "I was just wondering where my other bracelet was. Would you happen to know?"

"As a matter of fact, I do."

"Really, where?" I looked at her and she was pushing up one of the sleeves, revealing my bracelet on her wrist.

"Would you like it back?"

"Yes! Wait, no! Wait, hold on. Yes I would like that one back because the one you are wearing goes on my right wrist. Since I'm in a cast, if you would like to wear the one that goes on my left wrist, you can wear it."

She grinned at me, "I would be happy with that, do you need help swapping them out?"

"No, I should be able to do it, just stay right there, ok," I tried to sound as nonchalant as possible. I didn't want her finding out about my scars. I didn't want to cause her pain. And I didn't want to lose her over it. I didn't want to lose her at all.

After several minutes of struggling to undo the clasp on my bracelet, I finally give in. I sighed, "'Sami, do you mind?"

"For you, not at all." She said, standing up and coming towards me.

I looked at her, worry showing in my face, "Before you take it off, there's something I need to tell you." I looked down and took a deep breath.

She sat down on the edge of the bed and laid a hand in my wrist, "Korra, I know."

My head snapped towards her, "Wait, you do? How?"

"When you were brought out of surgery, the doctor showed us because she was concerned about you. They had to remove your bracelets for the surgery and she saw them. I didn't realize you had a certain bracelet for a certain wrist, but I put your bracelet back on because I figured you wouldn't be comfortable with it off. I didn't want to push you to talk about it if you weren't ready, but I put on your bracelet because I also wanted to show you that I am here for you, no matter what. If you ever feel like you would like to talk about it, I will be right by your side, listening to every word."

She held my hand as she was talking. Her eyes stared into mine the entire time she was talking and I saw some much in them. I saw worry, and concern, a little sadness, and maybe a little something else. Was it adoration? Love? No, it couldn't be, just my mind playing tricks on me. My eyes filled with tears and I threw my arm around her neck in a hug.

Voice breaking, I whispered to her, "I've never had anyone do anything for me like that before, thank you. Thank you so much." And I buried my face in her neck.

I felt her arms slide around my back, "You're welcome, I would do anything for you, Korra."

After a few moments, we pulled back from the hug and I laid back into the pillows and closed my eyes for a second. Asami picked up my wrist and undid the clasp. I heard her set the bracelet down on the table and her undoing the clasp of the bracelet on her wrist. She picked my wrist up again but what I felt on my wrist was not a bracelet. I open my eyes to see Asami placing a gentle kiss on the cuts and scars that littered my wrist. She quickly did the clasps on my bracelet and then the bracelet she was now wearing. She looked up at me for a second before getting up and quickly walked to the bathroom. Red tinting both of our cheeks.