Chapter 4

A/N: So here's #4! Hopefully this chapter will answer a couple questions you guys have with what's going on with Korra. Happy reading! Let me know what you think!

Korra POV

My head was killing me. I opened my eyes and saw friends all standing around and winced in pain.

"... would be important for all of us to be there."

I went to sit up, but felt a hand on my shoulder, stopping me and pushing me back down.

"What's going on?" I asked.

Opal looked at me, "We called your parents and told them what happened to you and they told us to meet them at the hospital."

"Ookaaay, what happened to me?" I asked confused .

Asami looked down at me, concern heavy in her face, "Do you not remember us telling you earlier?"

"Not really," I said, shaking my head a little, only to be immediately met with a shooting pain.

"Ok, we need to get you to the car and I'll explain everything to you on our way to the hospital."

Asami stood up and I went to stand up but Asami shook her head and I knew that meant to stay still. I laid there patiently as my friends  rushed around and gathered their things to head to the hospital. Things like keys, phones, and hoodies because hospitals were always cold, though it didn't really bother me.

"Ok, I'm ready," stated Opal.

"Me too," said Jinora.

"Ok, I'm almost ready, I just have to grab one more thing," Asami said looking around.

"What is it?" I asked.

Her eyes landed on me, "You."

"What?" I furrowed my brow in confusion but the confusion didn't last long as Asami leaned down and picked me up, bridal style. She carried me to the car and then put me in the backseat of Opal's car. She ran around to the other side and hopped in and told me to lay down in her lap. She said it would be better that way because of the slips in and out of consciousness and I agreed, then I saw the slight pink coloring on her cheeks.

I felt my heart quicken a little. I really liked Asami but I didn't want to mess up our friendship. We had met about a year ago on campus and hit it off really well; I really enjoyed having her as my best friend. I wanted to tell her, but I'm pretty sure she doesn't think of me the same way.

"So can I ask what happened?" I asked.

"Oh, yeah, sorry," Asami flustered looking away from me for a moment, then she told me everything that happened up to the point we were at now. Then she asked if I remembered anything.

I furrowed my brow for a second.

"I was getting ready this morning and all of a sudden I felt a little dizzy. I knew I needed to get something to eat so I went to the kitchen. I got dizzy again so I reached a hand out to steady myself and then everything went black. Next thing I know, I woke up on the couch."

"When I was on the phone with your parents, your mom said you probably had another concussion and that would be four. What happened before?"

"I've had three concussions before. A couple back in high school and then one right at the beginning of college. The first one was a complete accident, was just playing with some friends and fell, hit my head. Second one, I was in the middle of a basketball game, got a little dizzy, and blacked out, woke up in the middle of the court with my teammates around me. And the third one, I was trying to meditate, clear my head, that sort of thing, felt a little lightheaded, woke up with a busted lip. It's weird, I just black out and lose consciousness, hit my head. Then what's really scary is I tend to convulse while I'm unconscious. Then I wake up and don't remember anything from when I blacked out and usually have a certain headache, which I have right now, so self-diagnosed fourth concussion, yay."

"And it just happens at random?"

"Yeah, pretty much. But this is the first time I continued to lose consciousness. And it's weird that I don't remember anything from between each of the slips."

Asami looked at me with those green eyes that drove me crazy, with concern etched in her face, she must have seen the fear I felt because she took her hand and caressed my uninjired cheek. I could feel the tension in the car.

"So I quite literally broke my face, huh?" I asked with a chuckle and tried to flash a grin but failed do to my injured cheek.

"Yeah, you quite literally did" Asami answered with a giggle of her own.

Asami POV

Korra's giggle was so cute and I couldn't help but giggle myself. As I was looking down in her striking blue eyes, I noticed they were starting to cloud over. She was about to lose consciousness again.

"Asami... thank you... I really l-" And Korra was out again.

A/N: So the next chapter has a little bit of a surprise, just a little bit 😉 Hint: has to do with Asami's relationship/friendship with Mako and Korra