Chapter 10: Reunited

Athy's POV

"Geez, that emperor is really psychotic." Lucas sighed frustratingly.

"Yeah." I agreed

Honestly, I expected to be loved by Claude when I came to this world. I was wanting to so much parent attention in my past life and in this life too. Although I'd given up from the start, I was still expecting. It was really unfortunate that the only chance I got to have a parent was wasted, and now here we are.

"Why are you making such face?" Lucas asked as he glanced at me.

I snapped out of my thoughts as I looked up at him and asked, "Eh? What face.?"

"That disgustingly sad face." He flicked my forehead.

"Ah! You stupid idiot! Stop that!" I slapped his hand away.

"No, but seriously." He said as he suddenly grabbed my chin and leaned his face closer.

I was bewildered and my face felt hot.

"I-I-I..! What are you doing?!" I tried to push him away.

"Kekeke, is the great princess of the Obelian empire blushing just because of that?" He finally backed away.

"Y-yeah! So... Don't do that!" I said, trying to look irritated.

"A-anyway... I want to see Lily." I made a sorrowful expression again.

"That maid?"

"You stupid, she's not just a maid. She's my mother figure!" I corrected him.

"Ah yeah, that Lilian York." He recalled.

"Yeah, so I wanna see her."

"That's too risky."

"But why? I can teleport, and disguise!"

"....If you say so..."

I happily cheered as I heard him say that. I was on my way to Lily, but Lucas suddenly said, "I... Have a bad feeling about this."

"Huh? Why?" I looked over to him.

"I just... I don't know.."

"Maybe because you're an overprotective paranoid person." I suggested seriously.

He looked at me weirdly, then glared at me. We were so silent for a long time.

"Shut up and go." He finally snapped and broke the silence.

"Haaah... With your attitude no one will seriously marry you... Man, only I can stand it, but no other girls. Maybe fix it?" I sarcastically said.

"No need, you said you can stand it, right?"

I was surprised.

"What? Huh?"

"If you can stand it then I don't need to fix it. I can just marry you or whate-"

"Stop! Stop! Shut up, Lucas!!" I instinctively put my hands on his mouth to shut him up, and at the same time blushing.

"You're really stupid.. I'm going!" I then snapped my fingers and teleported into the ruby palace where I saw Lily sitting down on a couch.

That's odd. Lily's the type to always work.. I've never seen her sit around.

"P-princess?"

"Lily!" I exclaimed as I walked toward her and gave her a big hug!
"P-princess... Where have you been?"

"Oh me? Hmmm... Just out in the streets doing whatever."

As I said that, I noticed Lily looking at something behind me nervously.