Chapter 1: Reincarnated

I was just taking my sleeping pills before I fell into this world!

In my past life, I read this book called "My Lovely Princess". I didn't like the ending for the 2nd princess, probably because I sympathized with how her father didn't love her as much as he loved the protagonist, since I was an orphan. And the other reason might be because my name is the same as hers, Athanasia.

Right after finishing the whole book, I was frustrated with the ending and took my sleeping pills. I got a lot this time since I noticed how my insomnia was getting worse. I wish I hadn't. I overdosed with it.

Now I woke up as a 13 - year old Athanasia, and it's 3 days before her debutante?!

'Damn, if I was going to get reincarnated, at least make me the protagonist!!'

Prologue End

"Princess wake up!!" A woman slammed the door open.

"I.. huh?" I looked at the young woman in front of me.

"Princess? Wait, huh?" I was confusion.(this is intentional >:3)

"Stop it. Don't joke around. Where-" I was interrupted by my own confusion. This isn't my voice though?!

I put my hand on my mouth. The hell is happening??

As I put my hand on my mouth, I saw a curly, shimmering, group of blonde hair falling over my shoulders.

I immediately slapped the hair away and looked to my side.

I- it was my hair!!

"My god. The hell is happening." I muttered as pulled my hair.

"Athy?" A voice called out.

I looked over and said, "Yeah?"

The woman looked at me with surprise. She then ran over to my and checked my temperature.

"Ah! What- What are you doing??" I demanded an answer.

"Princess, are you sick?"

"I.. what?" I looked at her with a funny look.

"What made you think that?"

"You're usually formal, and you've been acting weird..."

Damn, she must've saw how I looked all confused, and how I slapped my won hair away!!

I was embarrassed.

"No, I.. I'm not." I pushed her away.

I was afraid that they might think I lost all my memories, which I basically did because I'm sure as hell this isn't my own body. I had to do something without being suspicious.

"Umm... Say my name, and.. and your name." I muttered.

She looked at me confused, then said, "Athanasia De Alger Obelia, and Lilian York, why did the princess ask?"

I froze, but before processing anything, I had to respond.

"I like my name with yours." I forced a smile.

It seems to have worked since she looked awe struck.

The reason why I responded that was because I remembered the book, "My lovely princess." In the novel, it was someone who was named Lilian York who defended the 2nd princess, Athanasia De Alger Obelia till the end. So we must've been close.

"Lily, I can trust you, right?" I asked her.

"Of course!" She reassured me.

"Okay, uhm.. Lily, I seem to have lost some of my memories.." I said in a low voice.

Lily's eyes widened.

"P-princess?! Do you remember me?! How... How could this have happened?!"

Lily was starting to get on my nerves since she was making a huge fuss.

"Lily. Stop. Get some help.-"

Was what I wanted to say, but I just smiled.

"Lily, tone it down a bit.. It's supposed to be our secret.."

"Ah-" Lily covered her mouth as if she had just remembered something.

"But princess...." Lily continued in a calm, but worried tone.

Lily sat on the bed and held my hands.

"Tell me everything.."

"Lily.. I remember you, and the emperor, and how he treated me,"

And how you died for Athanasia.

"Of course my studies, but that's about it.." I continued

"Oh princess..."

"It might have been better if you forgot everything but who you are and your studies." Lily muttered with her head down.

I pretended not to hear her since it seemed like a sensitive topic. "Huh?" I tilted my head.

"Nothing, princess. But you do remember who you are, don't you?"

"Of course! I'm the princess!" I said in a cheerful voice, and a bright smile.

I wanted to cheer Lily up.

Lily looked at me surprised, then smiled at me warmly.

"Yeah, maybe it was better that you forgot..." She muttered once again.

I pretended not to hear her again, and instead said, "Lily, could you please tell me about what I need to know?"

"Stay away from the emperor."

I looked at her weirdly. Huh?

"Princess, just stay away from your father."

"I... Why? He's my father"

Of course I knew why, but I wanted to know Lily's point of view.

"Princess, he never treated you like a daughter, yet you kept chasing after him. I was just worried that you might...." Lily paused, she seemed to not want to say it.

"I understand."

I knew what she was going to say.

That I might die in his hands.

"Lily is so caring.." I gave her a bright smile, and then giggled.

"Oh princess..." She looked at me with a warm smile.

-------

Hopefully, you like my fan art.