08

𝘾𝙃𝘼𝙋𝙏𝙀𝙍 𝙀𝙄𝙂𝙃𝙏,

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

𝙛𝙞𝙧𝙨𝙩-𝙥𝙚𝙧𝙨𝙤𝙣 𝙥𝙤𝙞𝙣𝙩 𝙤𝙛 𝙫𝙞𝙚𝙬: 𝙗𝙖𝙠𝙪𝙜𝙤

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

The steady beeping of the heart monitor was the only sound in the silent room. Kirishima laid asleep in the hospital bed, bandages were wrapped around his limbs, two of which were suspended in slings. He looked like hell, and he looked as bad as I felt. (Y/n) had gone to work, but I took a personal day. I didn't feel like I could work or actually focus on anything until I knew my best friend was alright.

My elbows rested on my thighs and my hands supported the weight of my face as I closed my eyes. Everything felt sore. These past two weeks have been horrible, my stress and frustration only built until I felt too overwhelmed to do anything but sit and wallow in my own self-pity.

"B-Ba... kugo?" I heard a weak Kirishima croak. He attempted to sit up, but I bolted over and prevented him from moving very much at all. He looked visibly strained when he tried to move.

"You have to rest, jackass," I scolded before sitting back down in the chair I pulled beside his bed. I sighed.

"Ok... ok," He mumbled, his voice hoarse. He closed his eyes and took a few deep breathes before asking how long he had been out. I explained to him that he was unconscious for about two days after the villain attack. Turns out, Kirishima managed to still beat the villain somehow. Kirishima could easily recall the battle, and his enthusiasm showed although he was weak and tired. However, it seemed he could tell something was bothering me by some magic best-friend shit.

"Bakugo, are you okay?" Kirishima asked in a concerned tone.

"You shouldn't be the one asking that," I fired back easily. Kirishima rolled his eyes.

"I can tell somethin' is bothering you, what's up?" Kirishima insisted. I sighed once again and ran a hand through my hair. I didn't want him to waste his energy any further.

"I've had a rough few weeks, but don't worry about it," I quickly dismissed his obvious future anxiety. He looked a bit confused.

"Bro, what's been goin' on?" Kirishima questioned. I rolled my eyes and groaned.

"I haven't proposed to (Y/n) yet," I admitted.

"Dude, we bought that ring ages ago!" Kirishima exclaimed, his voice cracking due to its dryness. "You've had almost a month to ask her, what's been stopping you?"

"Every time I try and bring it up, something just interrupts us!" I nearly shouted. "It's so fucking frustrating, I just want the moment to be perfect but it always ends horribly!"

"Why are you worried about the moment?" Kirishima asked. "You know she's going to say yes, you know she loves you, what are you waiting for?"

"Don't girls, ya know, have expectations about this kind of shit?" I asked rhetorically. "I mean, she's gonna say yes, but this is the story she's gonna tell our kids one day... I just want it to be perfect..."

"That's so sweet," Kirishima cooed, which instantly angered me.

"I'm going to be the number one hero soon!" I rationalized, somewhat irately. "Everything I do has to be the best, or there's no point doing it!"

"It doesn't matter how you ask her, the only thing that matters is that you ask her," Kirishima stated strongly. "Now go!"

"What?" I asked, confused.

"Go find her, right now!" Kirishima exclaimed. "Find her and ask her to marry you already! Go!"

𝙏𝙊 𝘽𝙀 𝘾𝙊𝙉𝙏𝙄𝙉𝙐𝙀𝘿...