06

𝘾𝙃𝘼𝙋𝙏𝙀𝙍 𝙎𝙄𝙓,

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

𝙨𝙚𝙘𝙤𝙣𝙙-𝙥𝙚𝙧𝙨𝙤𝙣 𝙥𝙤𝙞𝙣𝙩 𝙤𝙛 𝙫𝙞𝙚𝙬

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

To say your boyfriend had been acting strange would be an understatement. You began to notice he seemed more on edge than lately; he seemed stressed, which was very rare for him. You were begging to worry about the man you loved. Has something happened he was not telling you about? Was he hiding something from you? He couldn't be. You shared everything with each other, right?

"Hey, Katsuki, are you feeling alright?" You asked carefully. Bakugo looked at you funny as if asserting "of course not, idiot."

"I'm fine," Bakugo stated, a little irritated. "Why wouldn't I be?"

"I don't know, you just seem a little..." You paused, trying to find the right word for it, until: "off lately."

"Well, I'm fine," Bakugo lied, unbeknown to you. Truth is, Bakugo was, in fact, stressed and frustrated. Bakugo had tried to propose twice now, and each time it was somehow ruined. Bakugo was, by all means, stubborn as an ox. He just had to wait for the perfect time to pop the question once again, that's all. He just had to be patient. In the meantime, he had to figure out a way to make you think marriage was the last thing on his mind. He wanted it to be a surprise.

"So... I heard Izuku and Ochaco got engaged," You told Bakugo, who instantly stiffened at the mention of not only his old childhood rival but also engagement.

"Tch, sounds like that damn nerd to do something as lame as that," Bakugo stated, finding a great opportunity to throw you off the sent. You frown, clueless as to what he was doing.

"I thought it was nice," You said, a little disappointed he didn't feel the same. "I think the whole concept is nice."

"Really?" Bakugo asked, looking away to try and hide his smirk.

"Yeah. The idea of someone deciding that they want to spend the rest of their life loving one person is nice," You explained, shrugging your shoulders. "I don't know, what do you think about it?"

"I think it's kind of a waste of time," Bakugo bluffed. "Promises get broken all the time, fifty-percent of marriages end in divorce, and weddings are expensive and stupid." Bakugo's (false) words nearly broke your heart. You thought things were going well, and you were going to take the next step soon. You frown again and looked away from Bakugo. Did he really think that?

"Huh," You hummed, mulling over what he had said. Bakugo didn't know the extent to which he had affected you, he thought he only had successfully subverted your expectations. Instead, he broke your heart without knowing. You always had this image in your head of marrying the only man you've ever truly loved, buying a house with a nice yard for your future pets or maybe even children. You were now under the impression that your picture-perfect image would never be a reality now. Oh well.

𝙏𝙊 𝘽𝙀 𝘾𝙊𝙉𝙏𝙄𝙉𝙐𝙀𝘿...