A Short Finale - 16

Katherine Plumber looked at the elderly woman sat across from her. Hair greyed yet covered under her infamous cap. "So ma'am, you beat Mister Pulitzer, but then what?"

Y/N smiled, "I continued to sell papes. I got married to the love of my life. I birthed and raised three beautiful children on our farm with Skittery."

Katherine nodded in acknowledgment as she scribbled words down with her crooked pencil.

"But Skittery fell ill with tuberculosis. Dying shortly after." She looked down sadly.

"I'm so sorry for your loss." Katherine smiled, sad.

"But nether the less, his memory continues to live through my story telling and through his children." Y/N dismissed as Josephine, her eldest daughter, walked into the room smiling, a box in hand. 

A box of all Y/N's and Skittery's memory's.

•••

The End

A/N: Thank you to everyone who has voted, commented, and most importantly read this or will. I started it during the summer of 2020 ( I think??) and I found an awesome community within the Newsies fandom. I did plan to make a sequel and I do have notes and drafts ready to be edited or published but I just don't feel like creating a second book.
So once again thank you and I sincerely hope you enjoyed my book :)

Finished: 20 January 2021
Words: 135