01

the wind outside was howling, the trees swaying harshly, rain was falling relentlessly with no sign of letting up anytime soon. ava was sat on her bedroom floor, holding her slowly dying phone loosely in her hand, the male on the other side of the line whispering comforting things in her ear. "george, i'm scared." the whisper falls from her lips, so soft he barely picks it up. 

now the fear of big storms, like the one that was occurring now has been with her for as long as she could remember. 

so here she is, the power had gone out an hour ago, and ava was using her phone battery to talk to her oldest friend. he had his ways of letting her know she was going to be okay. but sometimes even that didn't work. 

"listen to me, ava," his accent ringing through the darkness, "go into the closet, get your candles that i know you have, and start lighting them." 

she sniffles, and rises from the floor, nodding though he can't see her. 

"george, my phone might die soon, sorry" she mutters, opening the closet door, and taking two candles off the self. "i was expecting that, don't apologize" his voice softer than she had heard it in a while. a small smile graces her features, as she reaches for the lighter on the counter. 

"okay, they're lit" she says, placing the final candle on the glass coffee table. "i wanna move back george" she jokes, kind of. "no you don't" he knows her, he knows why she had to go. "i don't but i miss you" 

"you'll be back to visit soon it's fine." 

- - - - - - - - 

her phone had died, her candles burning lowly, and the small persian cat was cuddled on her lap. ava was sat on the floor again, but this time in her living room. she was petting the cat softly, the kitten cuddling impossibly further into the girls lap. 

"are you hungry, pretty girl?" she whispers, and the kitten hops up off her lap and makes her way to the kitchen. "there's my answer." she laughs to herself, pulling herself up, and following the practically inaudible sound of her cats paws. 

she quickly opens her cat food, and puts it in the small bowl designated for the kitten, making sure she has water as well. while she's filling the water bowl up, there's a slight noise, the sound of her refrigerator turning back on. 

her opening of the appliance confirms her suspicion. a sigh of relief falls from her lips 

finally. 

rushing to plug her phone in, so she can call george and let him know it was okay. she didn't wanna leave him hanging, due to how worried he was before her phone died. once that was plugged in she pulled her curtain aside slightly, to peer outside. the storm had died down plenty, but it was still raining and slightly windy 

her mind was racing, she stared blankly out the window, hoping she could go out and get groceries sometime soon. she'd probably go to the closest target and buy things she didn't need. she'd for sure forget every useful thing that was needed, and only buy things that caught her eye. then she'd have to go back in and actually be an adult. 

the second her phone turned on, she called gerorge. "oh god, ava. you're okay" the sigh the left his lips was one of relief. "yeah, sorry" she mumbles, putting him on speaker. "no, like i said, don't apologize. i'm just glad you're okay" 

"penny was very scared" at this, george lets out a small chuckle. "i'm sure penny was the only one." 

"she was!" 

the laugh that left her lips was picked up by the two people george was on a call with. "george, who was that?" sapnap asks, barely being picked up by george, who had his headset around his neck. rolling his eyes, george muttered a quick "one second" to ava, and pulled his headphones on. 

"my friend, ava. don't worry about it, sapnap" 

"oh, i'm gonna worry about it" 

george groans, ignoring him and muting on discord. "sorry, ave, my friends. they're annoying" she chuckles, "it's okay. you sound busy, i'll let you go" 

"no you're good, we're just recording, they can wait." ava was still unseure, she didn't want to keep him from his friends. "i'm okay, george. go finish your recording. if anything you can literally call me when you're done" 

"fine." he sighs, leaning back in his chair. "bye, love you, george" she goes to hang up 

"you too, bye ava"

- - - - - - - - - 

"george, who was that?" dream asks, as if he hadn't heard him answer sapnap not even five minutes ago. "oh my god, you never listen. it was my friend ava." 

"oh, okay, lets get back to the recording" 

"finally!" sapnap exclaims, making george wince and hit him in game. "shut up, oh my god." 

a few hours later, they had finished recording, and were sitting talking to one another. sapnap and dream were currently arguing about something, and george could really not care any less, as far as he knew it was something dumb anyways. he was texting with ava, telling her that he'll call as soon as he could. 

"george!" he focuses back, jumping back a bit, hearing the shout. "what, sapnap?" he mutters, typing out a response to ava's text. she had told him a bad joke, and he lets out a small laugh, reading it again. "what are you laughing at?" he asks, obviously forgetting his previous question.

"nothing,"

"obviously not nothing, you're laughing" dream pipes in. "huh, well it is" 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

a/n: hi lol 

hru? i'm back haha