~ t h e ~ v a u l t ~

The princess has practically been walking for miles, still holding her hands up to protect her from the water. Her hands have gotten tired. Her legs have weakened. "Ugh!" She complains. "How much longer." Suddenly, as she was still walking, she sees a shark in the water. She gasps and her eyes widened. As she sees the shark go by, she also sees a man. He was wearing a blue shark uniform while swimming under water.

She hesitatingly waved to the weird man in the water. He returned the wave and kept on swimming with his shark buddy. The princess was still in shock of the moment that happened earlier, and her arms were shaking due to keeping it up to protect her. She starts to get more and more tired by the second, and starts to come up from the water.

As she comes up, the princess was suddenly amazed at all the buildings and modern things you would see in your ordinary life, but not for her. Sine she was a princess, she has never been out of the castle. The princess was still in shock when she hears someone screaming at her. She turns around and sees an old man staring at her.

"Hey!" He yells. "Why are you in the water little girl?" "Um." The princess gets out of the lake, not even soaked. She walks towards the old man, sitting down, but unfortunately for her, the princess couldn't think of an excuse. She quickly uses her earth bending powers to trap the old man in the bench he was sitting on.

Not only did it shock the old man, it shocked the princess even. She would never lock someone inside of a rock. "Hey! Let me out!" The old man objects. She hesitates at first, but then leaves the old man still inside of the rock. The princess then quickly runs to one of the buildings. It had a sign with "HQ" on the front and it was HUGE.

The princess was shocked once again. Suddenly, a women with a jet bob cut comes up to her. The princess looks up to her in amazement. The women had an amazing makeup look and she was dressed all fancy.

"Yes?" She asked. "Do you need something?" The princess couldn't speak. The women looks at her in confusion. "Are you a superhero?" She questions. "I- i don't think so." The princess says. "Do you have any powers?" The women asks again.

"Actually, I do." She answers again. The women suddenly shoots a surprised expression. The woman leads princess y/n into headquarters and they walk to the vault with all the other kids with supernatural abilities. "So, who are you exactly?" The princess asks. "Oh, well I'm Ms. Grenada. The leader of the heroics program." She says.

"Since we can't find your parents or any of your relatives anywhere, and you're not letting us on your information, we're leading you to the vault, where there are other kids with supernatural abilities like you do."

"Oh, ok." The princess implied, still confused on the plan. "Fun fact, you're actually the second new person I lead into this vault." The woman says. "Wow, great information." Princess y/n mocks. Ms. Grenada and princess y/n, as well as some of her guards, arrive at the vault. "Well, we're here." The woman says. The princess suddenly hesitates to go inside. "But, what if I don't want to go in?" The princess questions.

Ms. Grenada suddenly takes a deep breath and crouches to the Princess's height. "Are you gonna be a problem Ms. y/n?" She asks. It was weird for princess y/n not to be greeted in a bow or a head nod, but she liked it that way. It made her feel normal. And that's how she wanted it to be.

The princess quickly shakes her head and smiles, as one of the guards opens the vault door. As the vault door opens, princess y/n suddenly sees 11 kids in the vault "studying" with their eyes on their tablets, not lifting their heads up to see who was entering. Princess y/n and Ms. Grenada comes into the vault, and the women introduces the princess.

"Everyone, this is y/n." The women says. Everyone lifts their heads up from their tablets hand now all the attention went straight to the new girl. "She will also be joining you today, along with missy." A wavy brunette girl waved at the princess and she returns the wave and smiles.

The princess saw that there were some papers on the ground, and the ropes from the exercising spot were still moving. She was confused, but she just ignored it. "Y/n, may you please sit over there next to wildcard." Ms. Grenada says, as she points to a boy looking at the princess. She hesitated as she walked over to the desk in the back. She puts her backpack on the chair next to him and sits down.

"What should I even do?"

The princess asks herself.

"I already finished school!"

And in fact, she was right. The princess had some extra education over the past 13 years, and she had passed every grade, except one. 3rd grade math. The princess had hated math. It was always so confusing to her, and she failed her test. But since she was the princess, she passed anyways. Math was always one of her hated subjects, but she never really brought it up.

"As I said here earlier, thank you all for your behavior. I really appreciate it." Ms. Grenada and her guards suddenly exit the vault and they close the door. Princess saw that the kids kept on working, so she pretended to also. Suddenly, she hears a weird sound coming from the front of the room. Princess y/n looks up and sees one of the kid's neck was stretching, almost like bubble gum.

The kid stretching his neck had frizzy hair, and his skin tone wasn't much lighter than one of the Princess's keychains on her backpack. The boy put his ear on the vault door and waited for a few seconds. His head suddenly turns around, and he yells, "She's gone! Again!"Suddenly, what the princess thought they were disciplined kids, she thought wrong. Very wrong.

1054 words :)