Chapter 1.

(Author's Note: Please read to the end of the chapter and give us your comments about it. Do you like the storyline? Don't forget to vote too. Thank you!)

********** 

What a beautiful day for flying. This sky was clear and bright, shining with hope and love. This was meant to be and Sanem knew it in her heart of hearts. Her mind was once clouded with doubt and fear, but Can came and recused her, renewing her faith in the kind of love that only comes along once in a lifetime. She had learned so much about herself, about what was right in her life, and about what she had done wrong. Can completed her in every way. It was time to go and live her life with him, her beloved albatross.

The feeling of excitement at going home was high as Can and Sanem boarded the plane. Can had a seat across the aisle and three rows behind Sanem. He shamelessly tried to get her to take a seat on his lap as they boarded, with everyone looking at them. Shyly, she had twisted away from his grip, smiled at him demurely and found her seat. Since she was sitting in the aisle seat, she had the perfect angle to be able to look back and check on the exquisite man she was going home with. Unfortunately, every other woman on the plane was doing the same thing. She could not help but smile as she felt the heat from his eyes penetrate straight through the seat and deep inside her, right to the spot where all her butterflies came from. This was going to be a very long flight!

As soon as the "unfasten your seatbelt " sign came on and the passengers were free to move about the plane, there he was. He stood towering above her, sending a wave of breathlessness over her entire body. When the flight attendant approached asking him to return to his seat and not block the aisle, he did what Can Divit did best... he turned on the charm. Sanem just watched and marveled at the way he persuaded the flight attendant to allow him, against her better judgement of course, to switch seats with the lovely lady sitting next to Sanem. The exchange was quite comical. Both the flight attendant and the woman sitting next to Sanem stuttered and fumbled about, trying to keep their composure while dealing with the looks from Can that could convince anyone of anything. The result of all that charm and his megawatt smile? Needless to say, Sanem soon had a new seat partner. She felt rather sorry for both women seeing how visibly flustered they both were by their contact with Can.

Can settled down next to her, very pleased with the result of the exchange that had just taken place. Sanem cut her eyes his way, pursed out her lips and tried to be serious about scolding him. "That was horribly wrong, Can Divit. Those women will probably never be the same." He winked and smiled back at with a slight smirk on his face. He was so cute that Sanem had to laugh. Can gathered her hand in his, brought it to his lips and kissed her skin. Feeling its softness and inhaling her unique smell soothed him like nothing else. They snuggled up together for the flight home and the coming reunion with her parents. The surprise of her coming home might be a lot for them to handle. They had not told Leyla and Emre they were coming home together either, so it would be a joyous day all around.

At the end of the three-hour flight, Can and Sanem retrieved their bags and exited the plane. The other passengers seemed fascinated with them, and Sanem could the feel the envious gazes from the other women that had been on their flight. She walked proudly beside Can and chose not to make eye contact with anyone. The way that Can had his arm possessively around her shoulders was enough validation for anyone to know that she was his, and he was hers.

Outside the airport terminal, Can hailed a taxi to take them to her parents. They would go their first. Then Can hoped they would allow him to take Sanem to his house for some alone time. Of course, Leyla and Emre would be there too, but anything was better than nothing.

The ride to Sanem's old neighborhood took almost an hour because of the traffic in Istanbul. At this time of day, her anne would be fully engrossed in cooking dinner for her beloved husband. Mevkibe had a special spot in her heart for Can. Even with the trouble they had all lived through, she thought of him as a good and decent man. The fact that he was now bringing her youngest daughter home to her parents would definitely rank him high on her list.

Finally, they arrived in front of Sanem's house. It had been several months since she was last here and she clearly remembered how she felt the day she left. A broken and heartsick girl longing for a love that was gone and determined to forgive herself. Her life had since taken on a change that she both respected and welcomed. Now having found the love that defined her life, she was stronger than ever.

Can grabbed their bags from the taxi as Sanem rang the bell on the front door. Mevkibe hurried to the door, wondering who could be ringing the bell at this time of day. She swang the door open and found herself staring into the face of her beautiful daughter. Sanem smiled then the sight of her mother brought the tears that had been waiting for this moment. Mevkibe was stunned and speechless. She threw her hands over her face and squealed in excitement. They embraced, crying and hugging, and squealing with joy. All of the commotion brought many of their neighbors outdoors to see what was going on, especially Milihat, Mevkibe's best friend. Milihat was overjoyed to see Sanem return and with Can. She knew this would bring a lot of happiness to the Aydin family. Sanem's absence had left a definite void in the neighborhood as well.

Mevkibe ushered the couple into the house and gave Can a long, grateful hug. She knew it was his actions that had brought Sanem home. Can carried Sanem's bags into the house but left his bag at the door. The excitement had reached a level of pandemonium as both Mevkibe and Milihat surrounded Sanem and whisked her away to the living room. Can was smiling, happy he had been able to bring Sanem home to be reunited with her family.

Mevkibe turned to Can again and placing both hands on his face, kissed both of his cheeks affectionately. With great emotion she asked, " How did you find her, son? Who told you where she was?"

Can replied," She found me, Mevkibe Teyze. She saved me from myself and for that I will forever grateful. I love her more than you can know."

The exciting news of Sanem and Can's arrival had made its way to the small grocery store owned by the Aydin family. Her father, Nihat, rushed home to see if the news was true. The bond between this father and daughter was a special one. Nihat's love for Sanem was deep and unconditional. When she made the decision to leave home, he had a very hard time accepting her decision. But he had all the faith in the world that she was doing what she had to do.

When Nihat saw Sanem and held her in his arms, their reunion brought many more tears of joy. The family was whole again. Nihat turned to Can with a look of great relief and appreciation. Can accepted his thanks with gratitude. He loved the Aydin family and hoped to become one with them soon.

His life was the fullest it had ever been.

**********

This is a work of Fan Fiction inspired by the characters of "Erkenci Kus". All photos, videos and characters belong to their rightful owners.

Written for Can Yaman International by Virginia Dewberry; @grannydew on Wattpad.

Edited by Mary Bloyd, Resident Editor for Can Yaman International.