Tony's Keeper

Lola's taken some time to get to know her target for revenge. Rico is a high roller drug lord who has killed many people because of money. He's known to be ruthless and insensible and sees life as disposable. His love for Lola has surely grown to the point where he's do anything for her. He has men to bring her breakfast in bed every morning, he dances with her in the evening, he lulls her to sleep with affirmations of his love and how he'll never hurt her. Little does he know, he hurt her more than anyone has ever hurt her the very first night they met.

February was coming around marking almost a year since they've been together. Since their relationship kindled in the summer the year before, this would be the first Valentine's Day they've spent together. Lola was planning something big, something intimate for them since Rico was stressed about business. Since Lola was still scarred from losing her Tony and him not being the one she was spending this day of love with, she was going to give him what he's deserved all along.

Lola was taking a swim in their pool to cool off when she saw Rico storming through the kitchen. He was throwing his hands everywhere, murmuring to himself things she couldn't hear from the outside. She saw he was angry so she yelled for him to join her outside. He notices who's calling for him and immediately goes to her.
"Qué paso mi amor?" she asks him.
He goes on and on about how business isn't the greatest and how his men are getting nosy about things. Lola zones out into his eyes daydreaming about dancing at the club. Looking over at Tony whenever she needed a pick-me-up. Remembering how his smile made her feel even more beautiful on stage. Feeling like she would rather leave this realm to find Tony and be with him again.

Sooner than later Rico stops talking to listen to her response and finds her blank face looking back at his. Lola comes back to reality and brings up Valentine's Day.
"Well, my love, I'm so very sorry to hear how work has been weighing on you and your mind. I wish I was with you every minute so I could just take away every ounce of stress that enters your body," she begins.
"I've been thinking of ways we could just get away from everyday life and celebrate each other for Valentine's Day."
He looks at her surprised because she's never planned something for them before.
"Okay, well, whatever you want to do, my love, let my people know and they will put everything together perfectly," he responds to her. She shakes her head to his suggestion.
"No, I want to make you a meal my grandmother used to make mi abuelito on his birthday. I will ask my mother to send this special 70 year-old wine that has been handed down through generations in my family," she explains.
He smiles at her in admiration.
"I think that sounds beautiful," he says as he grabs her cheeks to kiss her. "Alright my love, I'm going to handle the situation in Miami. I will be nearby, just call me if you need anything in the world," he tells her before kissing her on the forehead and stomping away.
She rests her head on the concrete above the pool as she takes in the warm sun; Thinking about her dark Valentine that she's planning.