The Night Of

There she is, still in shock with her ears ringing from the gun shot. It sounds like a million voices are raging behind her as she looks down and sees her lover's blood staining the dress he would compliment her most in. It hits her, Tony is gone. In her realizations, his murderer is standing above her holding his hand out for her to grab. She sees him mouthing something to her but can't make out his words. She grabs his hand and they storm out of the club. There is a black car outside waiting for their escape. She climbs in and is able to breathe some fresh air still not able to come to terms that her love will never return.
"Who the hell was that back there?" Rico says in the car as they pull away. It's silent.

The silence is broken by the driver letting out a chuckle and saying: "I don't know boss but it may have something to do with that cargo you got next to you," he says while pointing to Lola. Rico looks at her a little puzzled.
"So that mess was all because of you?" he says. He looks away at the window and laughs to himself. "Well you must be worth it," he says as he rests his hand on her thigh.

She cringes at his touch but remembers even why she agreed to leave with him in the first place. She relaxes and smiles at Rico. She puts her hand over his to give him comfort as she looks out the window thinking of every way she can grant justice to her lover.