Riff x Sick! Reader

Riff might have been a rock troll with mad drumming skills, but he's really sweet.

You remember waking up next to him, feeling fine. Your throat felt dry and it hurt a little, but you were fine.

You got yourself ready for the day and you were about to make Riff's favorite breakfast as a surprise, then you started feeling a bit dizzy.

You sat down and drank some water, but your throat still felt sore and you started coughing.

You laid your head down on the table in disappointment.

You were definitely sick.

Riff walked in yawning, and asked if you were okay.

When he heard how rough your voice was from your sore throat, he immediately picked you up bridal style and laid you down in bed.

When you tried to tell him that you'd be fine and you just needed some medicine and hot tea, he said that he'd tie you down to bed if he had to, you weren't allowed to get up.

That scared you. The tone in his voice was dark and threatening. This was the first time you had seen him remotely scary.

You obeyed and didn't try to say anything else.

He made you soup, hot tea, and made sure that you took your medicine.

He treated you with extra care, sending you an intimidating glare if you showed any signs of protesting.

By the end of the day, you were felling a LOT better.

Riff still wouldn't let you go if you weren't 100% recovered.

When he laid down next to you that night, you turned away from him, afraid to look at him in the eyes.

He sighed and apologized for the way he was being that day.

You turned back towards him and asked what was the big idea. He wasn't usually like this and honestly, it terrified you.

He became nervous and panicked

He swore he didn't mean to scare you, but a lot of rock trolls had gotten sick when he was young, including his mother.

She had a sore throat and cough and tried to pass it off as a normal sore throat, barely taking a small dose of medicine and nothing else.

All of those who got sick and didn't treat themselves correctly, including his mother, ended up dying from the sickness.

You wrapped your arms around his waist and kissed his tears away, promising him that you weren't going anywhere.

You loved him and wasn't going to let anything take you away from him

You thanked him for taking care of you and he promised not to scare you again.